Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
but they aren't your seats are they? Your season ticket is for league matches only. You have no more entitlement to them than any one else. People seem to look for reasons to bash the club, can you believe people are moaning because tickets are to cheap, that they may have to sit somewhere else, etc FFS if you want to go buy tickets and go support the club, and say thanks for some reasonably priced tickets, which will mean a lot of people who are normally priced out can go see the team play

It’s “too cheap” [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I agree - they might.

I know my season ticket is in part of the ground which is always open for cup games and I know I can sit in another seat, but I just can’t see the fairness in a system which denies us the chance to buy our usual seats for a game.

If this was Man U at home would the same system apply?

I really don't think I can be convinced that the club have got the free-for-all approach wrong.

This is exactly the sort of game where those who don't come to Albion games much/at all will do so, in many cases with season ticket holders. By allowing anyone to choose any (released) seat, then it means groups of STHs and non-STHs can buy their tickets as early as they like, and do so buying a group of seats that are together.

if STHs go first...

1. What happens to those with STH in unopened parts of the ground?
2. What happens to those groups of STHs and non-STHs who want to sit together?

If you really want "your seat" I imagine you'd be unlucky to not get it if you logged in to buy as soon as tickets went on sale. If you were unlucky, I can't imagine you'd be more and 2 or 3 seats away in one direction or another.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Unlimited black Earl Grey tea, surely? Bargain.

For those of us doing dry January £99 for all the booze you can imbibe is a shite deal. :shootself

Just bought my tickets. I decided to go and fart on someone else's seat a few rows back from my ST in case it's raining or snowing. I'm four rows from the pitch, and depending on wether there's a strong wind with the rain depends on wether I get soaked.

Looking forward to the game, as ever.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thinking about going behind the goal in the North. At what point (row) can you see over the crossbar and are there any bad views through the net?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I agree - they might.

I know my season ticket is in part of the ground which is always open for cup games and I know I can sit in another seat, but I just can’t see the fairness in a system which denies us the chance to buy our usual seats for a game.

WTF? You could have easily bought 'your seats' at 10am. I'm sure they weren't specifically targetted by anyone else.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I really don't think I can be convinced that the club have got the free-for-all approach wrong.

This is exactly the sort of game where those who don't come to Albion games much/at all will do so, in many cases with season ticket holders. By allowing anyone to choose any (released) seat, then it means groups of STHs and non-STHs can buy their tickets as early as they like, and do so buying a group of seats that are together.

if STHs go first...

If you really want "your seat" I imagine you'd be unlucky to not get it if you logged in to buy as soon as tickets went on sale. If you were unlucky, I can't imagine you'd be more and 2 or 3 seats away in one direction or another.

They still seem to be basing their ticket sales projection/strategy on the third round tie last season. You know, the one which followed the trouble... on a Monday night... on telly... during a cold weather spell... when trains were screwed.

You'd think Coventry would be more a benchmark, but there you go.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Trying the North West corner for the first time. Last section of the stadium ticked off!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

if STHs go first...

Opinions I guess.

My user name is a giveaway but at 7 pm tonight I couldn’t even get a seat in the same block.

Given the cheapness of the seats on offer I would be very surprised if the upper tiers weren’t opened. So why not do it from the start? There’s plenty of seats not held by season ticket holders and plenty of season ticket holders who won’t want to go....

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No - I couldn’t. I was in a car taking my daughter to university....

Why didn’t you tell the club this? As an entitled STH I’m sure they would have delayed the ticket release time to suit you.

The club has got this right this time

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I agree - they might.

If this was Man U at home would the same system apply?

Why not just look upon it as an opportunity to watch the game, and sample the atmosphere, from a different part of the stadium?

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove

if STHs go first...

This

I have bought seats for my grandsons aged 6 and 4 for a family outing to see if they want to be fans. I could not do that if sts could demand their own seats.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm in. East Upper normally, but not going to wait. Bought for me, eldest Daughter, old mate and introducing, for her very first visit inside the hallowed stadium, 6 YO Granddaughter.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just got in from taking my daughter back to uni and my usual seats have gone.

Really sticks in my craw how the club can’t open the whole ground for this.

And what will the club do if we bunch through this round, and get a top 6 team at home on Round 5. No doubt the whole ground will be open, and the first release of tickets will be for ST holders to secure their usual seat if they want to go to the cup game.

While it wouldn't have helped you today with your family arrangements I don't understand why the club can't have a short window (say 2 hours or maybe until lunchtime) for ST holders in the open parts of the ground for arrangements like this tie to secure their usual seat before going to the free for all.

Like you I am WSL but was able to secure my usual seat at 10am this morning, although I had to delay my travel arrangements by 40 minutes so I could have a chance of achieving this. On previous games I have missed out on the odd occasion and just moving a few seats to the right or forward gives an uncomfortable match experience.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
So I normally sit in north stand block H row Y, but I am wanting to move along more central in the North, as I want to be more in the singing section. Where would people recommend please?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here