Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
You've had a shocker there. Why wait this long and then buy. At least one upper tier is clearly going to be opened. My money is on East first just to be annoying.

I'd also ask myself who are the people still buying those in the corner. I assume they are the casual fan who is unaware of what is going to happen?

They probably will, but I'm not a season ticket holder anymore so had to wait for tickets to go on GS, also it's on the lads 8th birthday, so would make a great trip out for him and his little brother. I would be even more pissed off if I didn't and they didn't open up the upper tears.

I don't think my boys will care to much we are in the corner, just be happy to go.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
They probably will, but I'm not a season ticket holder anymore so had to wait for tickets to go on GS, also it's on the lads 8th birthday, so would make a great trip out for him and his little brother. I would be even more pissed off if I didn't and they didn't open up the upper tears.

I don't think my boys will care to much we are in the corner, just be happy to go.

I see and understand. You can't take the risk of your letting your boy down. Now I get it. Top dad.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
It was East first for the Coventry game wasn't it?

Works for the TV cameras, I guess.

Yes I recall that being the case, and yes I'm sure that's why. That is still a bonkers decision though because the West is bigger so arguably if we only sell enough tickets to fill the West Upper they don't need to open the East Upper and can save some stewarding money. If they open the East and then the West like last time you end up with the same number sold but spread between the two. As I remember the West Upper was only half full last time? (arguably because it was opened so late)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
We are below 1,000.

936 left.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
I'm buying 4 . But waiting for ESU or WSU. it'll be fine. Probably Friday.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005

West 36
North 589
East 135
South (S1A, which is really the East) 156

Odd to see the way West always sells quicker than the East. Also odd that the NW corner of the North has sold so much quicker than the NE corner. What is this biased to the West?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

What is this biased to the West?

Better seats in terms of not having the sun in your eyes (although this won't be an issue with the cup game)
Closer to the station for those that travel by train
More expensive seats fro league games so when a flat price across the whole stadium people want to effectively get a better bargain

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Odd to see the way West always sells quicker than the East. Also odd that the NW corner of the North has sold so much quicker than the NE corner. What is this biased to the West?

Maybe because the West Stand is bigger when fully available so more people just want to keep to their natural view. North Stand on the left, South on the right. Not sure I would be able to cope with that level of confusion if I moved to the east side.

wealdgull

Dec 7, 2017

West 36
North 589
East 135

East generally gets more of the elements (wind, rain, sun). West is a safer bet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

West 36
North 589
East 135

Is it because of our obsession with serenading subs while they warm up?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I do think it's because you're nearer the managers and subs if you're a general fan. If you're "in the know" and go regularly you'll be choosing the West because you don't get the sun in your eyes or the rain in your face.

Oh, and West is the big 1901 side - so you get to smell the rich people. :wave:

JakyBF

Apr 19, 2016
Heathfield
I'd also ask myself who are the people still buying those in the corner. I assume they are the casual fan who is unaware of what is going to happen?

I wanted to wait until the West Upper opened, but bottled it last night and bought two in East corner near the South stand.
Are you suggesting that we might be moved?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Torn between getting a ticket for this game or one for our Chelsea match next month. Including travel, they're both about the same price for me, but even though the League is more important than a cup game (and I haven't been to Stamford Bridge before), but there's the risk the Chelsea game might have its date switched. I can only budget for one match because priorities, so it is a toughy.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Same here, I hate watching from the ends, so 2 dimensional, particularly low down, but the atmosphere and a day out with my son is worth it.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Brilliant how well this game is selling. Great to see the Albion bucking the trend of the rest of the country when it comes to the FA Cup. I’d say with 1901 tickets and the tickets sold far we are up to about 15,000 add in the chance that WBA may bring 4,300 we could be already be close to 20,000+ and with still 10 days to go until the match and the fact the top tiers will at some point be opened there is a real chance we could go and get way over 25,000. Barber and Co need to be commended on their fantastic pricing. £5 for kids including travel is such a bargain, but The Albion fans have yet again shown what a fantastic fan base we have. All we need now is Chris and the boys to go on a Roll in this competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here