Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Owen jones añd andrew neil last night

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I’ve only seen the clips shared online but think it was brilliant TV! Andrew Neil hates being challenged about the Spectator! Although did Neil actually get an answer out of him regarding why the left get accused of being activists and the right Nazi/Fascists ? Was actually a really good question.

On another note, this Saturday outside parliament should be interesting as the Yellow Vest Brigade are due to be there again

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All parties have nasty failures in them. I take it you don't vote for any party.

I vowed during our fights NEVER to vote for the Lib Dems and I intend to adhere to that vow. #scum.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Owen Jones just isn't very good live and I suggest he stops doing it.

Irrespective of what Bozza says the piece he did at the Tory party conference was very interesting especially when he was talking to the younger members. They readily admit the party has massive trouble attracting younger voters.

Set up ? I never saw one.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Andrew Neil is a nasty misogynist. His vile tweet to Carole Cadwalladr was never really retracted and glossed over by the BBC.

[tweet]1083640544931258368[/tweet]

And that had what to do with the thread about last nights TV?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I hate Jones more than Russel Brand. Can't stand the little bullshitter

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Owen Jones is just walking clickbait really isn’t he. No real qualifications to warrant his status and presence in debates and political discourse. The absolute embodiment of all that is wrong currently.

No not really, just a dissenting voice as is Rees Mogg.

He gets very angry on live TV but does some interesting interviews with people he disagrees with or put it another way people who disagree with him.

Sorry Bozza has got it bang wrong on the conservative party conference video, the participants simply didn't have the balls to challenge him.

Watch his interview with Peter Hitchen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No not really, just a dissenting voice as is Rees Mogg.

He gets very angry on live TV but does some interesting interviews with people he disagrees with or put it another way people who disagree with him.

Sorry Bozza has got it bang wrong on the conservative party conference video, the participants simply didn't have the balls to challenge him.

Watch his interview with Peter Hitchen.

He’s a bit Jekyll & Hyde. After Labour election defeats he can be magnanimous, and I said in the earlier (and very short lived) thread this week about left and right thugs intimidating opponents, that he was briefly part of an unholy alliance with other bright folk such as Daniel Finkenstein. But then he switches back into an arrogant 17 year old mode, unlistening, defensive, unnecessarily going on the attack. It may sit well with Momentum and other hard left bedfellows, but with the amount of airtime he gets, he has a great opportunity to influence many others. Instead a lack of charm and people skills in those moments win him no new friends.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He’s a bit Jekyll & Hyde. After Labour election defeats he can be magnanimous, and I said in the earlier (and very short lived) thread this week about left and right thugs intimidating opponents, that he was briefly part of an unholy alliance with other bright folk such as Daniel Finkenstein. But then he switches back into an arrogant 17 year old mode, unlistening, defensive, unnecessarily going on the attack. It may sit well with Momentum and other hard left bedfellows, but with the amount of airtime he gets, he has a great opportunity to influence many others. Instead a lack of charm and people skills in those moments win him no new friends.

Much better in an environment like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrwuk6NoMv8

Possibly one of my favourite interviews ever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s pretty clear Jones is a decent, intelligent guy with interesting thoughts and views. But what I also like is how he bugs Tories....as is evident from certain posts in this thread.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It’s pretty clear Jones is a decent, intelligent guy with interesting thoughts and views. But what I also like is how he bugs Tories....as is evident from certain posts in this thread.

I actively seek out listening to people I disagree with. Owen Jones in a live situation irritates me as much as the next, but the Hitchen interview is enlightening for the way he draws out beliefs from Hitchen that most would be amazed he has. Both quite obviously saying what they actually believe in with respect for both.

However, I enjoyed his spat with Andrew Neil last night. He really does need calling out and Andrew Neil completely bottled it. Disagree with Jones as I do on a lot of things at least he is consistent. Andrew Neil is obviously one of many guises and if you get called out on another live with it or withdraw from public life.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Can't stand the bloke either. He doesn't help bring people together, he divides them in my opinion. Sooner this country gets a party and people down the middle, listens to both sides without this pathetic name calling the better.

He's not that bad, old Brillo.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Can't stand the bloke either. He doesn't help bring people together, he divides them in my opinion. Sooner this country gets a party and people down the middle, listens to both sides without this pathetic name calling the better.

Didn't we have that for a bit and then he started a war for his own purposes?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Andrew Neil is a nasty misogynist. His vile tweet to Carole Cadwalladr was never really retracted and glossed over by the BBC.

[tweet]1083640544931258368[/tweet]

He’s a vile loud mouth bully who panders to the far-right and then claims innocence. I’m glad Jones has called him out on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here