Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Sir Andy Murray

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This is a huge shame. He is a credit to himself, his family, Dunblane, Scotland and the UK and he should be incredibly proud of what he has achieved. I would rather we had him as a role model for young kids than most of the so called "superstar" footballers who make all the headlines, usually for the wrong reasons. I wish him every success in whatever he ends up doing and hope that he can at least have one more decent go at Wimbledon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Arguably Britain's greatest sportsman. :bowdown:
3 majors and 2 Olympic titles is very impressive, but he's not not even in the top 3 players at the time he's played. There are other British sportsmen who have been the best in world throughout their career, so he can't be our greatest.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
3 majors and 2 Olympic titles is very impressive, but he's not not even in the top 3 players at the time he's played. Their are other British sportsmen who have been the best in world throughout their career, so he can't be our greatest.

I agree. It's Zola Budd then the rest for me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
3 majors and 2 Olympic titles is very impressive, but he's not not even in the top 3 players at the time he's played. There are other British sportsmen who have been the best in world throughout their career, so he can't be our greatest.

Certainly our greatest GINGER sportsman :bowdown:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Top lad. Great sportsman and will be remembered as such.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Whether you like him or not, he's a magnificent tennis player who competed at the highest level against some of the best players there's ever been. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic have raised the bar but Murray worked harder than any of them to bridge the gap and compete. His work ethic is unmatched and, bar his injuries, I believe he would have continued being THE dominant force in tennis.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Unless you are on a pretty twatty wind-up, your remark is quite pathetic.
No wind up at all, it's just my opinion on him.

The pathetic thing is you having a go because I don't like the same person as you.

Can you please list other people I must like so I don't make this mistake again.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He became number one in the world, or am I missing something?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Seems like a genuinely nice and intelligent bloke.

Definitely Scotland's greatest ever sportsman and also a BRITISH legend.

Some people just can't forgive the Scottish bit, which is a shame.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Seems like a genuinely nice and intelligent bloke.

Definitely Scotland's greatest ever sportsman and also a BRITISH legend.

Some people just can't forgive the Scottish bit, which is a shame.

methode_times_prodmigration_web_bin_23707f79-5e2f-33fa-8905-e4ba21ab7c1e.jpg

I would easily put Hendry above Murray.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's a real shame that it's ending this way. He's been an outstanding tennis player in probably the greatest era of male tennis. He deserves far better than having to leave the sport in tears due to 18 months of chronic pain.

I hope that even if he's basically immobile Wimbledon give him a wild card so he can experience centre court one last time and get the send off he deserves. Who cares if he doesn't even win a point, get him out there and give him a proper farewell.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He became number one in the world, or am I missing something?
Yes I know, but only for a short period, which is why I said others have been the best throughout their career, not just for a brief spell.

Andy is our best tennis player by a mile. But he's not the best in the world. He's not even in the top 3 (in his time). We have other sportsmen who are the best. People like Wiggins, Froome, Farah, Hamilton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here