Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Sir Andy Murray

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not forgetting having to overcome the horror of the Dunblane shooting whilst he was in the school.
The interview where he spoke about that was gut wrenching. Shouldn't be forgotten how much it affected the whole family and yes, to overcome that is a credit to all of them.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Had Murray not been injured, he still wouldn't be the best Tennis player. Nadal also missed a lot through injury, but he's still achieved far more than Murray.

And the best are the best, not those who might have been the best were it not for injury.

I could have been the best footballer if it wasn't for my crap body.

Crap body (you said it, not me) or lack of skiil?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Well it's similar. I tell my body to kick the ball one way, and it goes somewhere else.

... and you don't have the mental strength or desire to improve yourself. Sir Andy Murray did, he worked harder than anyone else and he had one hell of a career. He won't care about the detractors, it's an equal split between "he's Scottish" and "it's only tennis". Fine, on both counts - but those who watch the sport, respect him as a man and a player.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
... and you don't have the mental strength or desire to improve yourself.
Yeah, my brain is part of my body and that's shit too.

Sir Andy Murray did, he worked harder than anyone else and he had one hell of a career. He won't care about the detractors, it's an equal split between "he's Scottish" and "it's only tennis". Fine, on both counts - but those who watch the sport, respect him as a man and a player.
What? I do respect him, he's great. Given us some pride in tennis for the first time in my life. Saying he's not our greatest ever sportsman is hardly an insult, I'd say the same about 99.9% of our great sportsmen.

Oh, and I doubt he worked harder than everyone else. A lot of top sportsmen have also worked tirelessly.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
No wind up at all, it's just my opinion on him.

The pathetic thing is you having a go because I don't like the same person as you.

Can you please list other people I must like so I don't make this mistake again.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

It is not a question of liking someone or not.
I just find it pathetic that you can take such pleasure in somebody else's misfortune like this. Especially someone who has represented himself and this country for many years with great skill ,courage and dignity and has reached the pinnacle of his sport. As far as I am aware, he has done little or nothing to warrant such a distasteful remark.. Thankfully, I know you will be in the minority.
Your post sounds just like the kind of thing an immature stroppy teenager may have come out with after a playground ruck.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Sad to hear that. We have been privileged to see Murray play, win or lose. But the fact that he competed with the tennis greats of the modern era is a testament to the bloke.

Thank-you Andy. I hope you can get your hip sorted.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Giving his absolute all today against Bautista Agut. The crowd are absolutely behind him, all roaring in unison the iconic 'let's go Andy, let's go' chant.

Makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Two sets down and broken in the third set.

BROKEN BACK!!

The crowd roars it's approval and ring of 'Lets go Andy, Let's Go!' ring around the auditorium again.

:O

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Go on, Andy!

If anyone can turn this round, he can. He's still fighting.

Looks like we're heading for a tiebreak in the third set.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am lucky enough to not be at work today, so have the privilege of watching what could be Murray's final match.

As usual, the never-say-die, fighting spirit is there, even if he clearly hasn't 'got it' as he used to have.

Third set tie break about to start. I'd love it if he won it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here