Andy speaking...

Not confirming retirement.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
WTF?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The video was a bit odd but well meaning. Heroic performance from Sir Andy, one of the best players the UK will ever produce.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Multimillionaire soppy bollocks

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
think you are forgetting Phil the bellend Taylor

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
TWO Wimbledon titles. TWO Olympic gold medals. Not bad for a gawky ginger kid from Dunblane :bowdown:

Ginger is an advantage in tennis. Think Boris Becker and Jim Courier.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just fought back from 2 sets down in the US Open first round. The Brit never knows when he's beaten. :bowdown:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sussex won, Murray won.
Superb night.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just fought back from 2 sets down in the US Open first round. The Brit never knows when he's beaten. :bowdown:

The Scottish **** becomes a British hero in just a couple of hours.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ally McCoist said he was the greatest living British sportsman on Talk Sport yesterday.

It's a tough call between him, Hoy and Redgrave. Almost impossible to compare them.

Should bring back Superstars and do it there.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's a tough call between him, Hoy and Redgrave. Almost impossible to compare them.

Should bring back Superstars and do it there.

If you're going to do it, do it properly

At least they've found something else to do, since Ben White signed his new contract :wink:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
The Scottish **** becomes a British hero in just a couple of hours.

Irrespective of whether he's British, Scottish or bloody Martian, I find Andy Murray a hugely inspirational person, sportsman and just a very interesting character in general. I can understand why some say he's boring; he's not there throwing out soundbites like Tyson Fury and he has an understated, slightly dreary quality to his voice. But there's more to a man's character than that.

This was a quiet kid from an unassuming Scottish town, who witnessed the greatest atrocity ever to have been inflicted on a school in the United Kingdom, who rose to be a phenomenal, hugely entertaining and world class sportsman amidst possibly the best crop of talent to have played tennis in the same era - were it not for that I'm certain his career titles list would have been even more impressive than it already is.

When he speaks he does so with humility, honesty and raw emotion. People don't always like what he has to say, and sometimes it can be construed as grumpy, but his words weren't manufactured in an elite academy's PR classroom like those of so many others. I can think of few sportsmen capable of displaying their emotions in the public arena like Andy Murray so helplessly does, and fair play to him.

I think there's a funny mentality which prevails in the UK. We like our sportspeople to be successful, but not too much. At some point a sense of uncomfortable envy seems to take over and we have to find a way to take them down. "Yeah, he's not bad but he's a boring, ginger, haggis-eating b*stard so he can go f*ck himself". I'd put Lewis Hamilton in a similar bracket only for opposite reasons; he's too cocky and flash, apparently. You can't win.

Personally, I have nothing but respect for the bloke and I hope he gets at least one more shot at having a decent grand slam run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here