Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I’m with Lawro

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He’s predicting a draw tomorrow and this time I think he may be right. If our back 4 do their job we could even sneak a win. I have good vibes about tomorrow. :albion2:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We have bugger all chance tomorrow lets be honest, they rocked up last year with Can at centre half and he had the easiest day of his footballing career.
I could play at the back for Liverpool tomorrow and they would still do us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
We have bugger all chance tomorrow lets be honest, they rocked up last year with Can at centre half and he had the easiest day of his footballing career.

i don't understand this. We went away to Anfield this year and nearly nicked a draw. All over them in the last 15 minutes.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He gets an unfair rap. His job is to predict accurate scores for every single match. Unlikely to have much of a hit rate for that.
His "prediction" table isn't far off the actual table tbh
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46823759

Really?

In his table we have 11 points, that 15, yes 15 off reality. He has Newcastle in 9th place, Fulham 10th, Wolves 16th.

He hasn't predicted a Liverpool defeat for 97 matches! Last season he predicted only 4 wins for us, this season he has given us 2.

He's rubbish

Is Mark Lawrenson the worst pundit in football history?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
we don't have much chance but with large amounts of luck you never know.

Anyway , Ithought Liverpool had already steam rolled the league, won the title and conquered world football..................that's what the scousers been shouting about up to the defeat to City.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If Murray had been on form he would have had 4 goals. Their defence was suspect last year and will be tomorrow if van Dyke is out.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Yes. That article takes what is a rather fun device of predicting football match scores (hardly a barometer of expertise and notoriously difficult to get right) as an excuse to repeat many of the tired lazy generalisations , all undeserved , that Lawrenson has no love or memory of his time at the Albion. especially the bizarre line - "the ire with which Lawrenson treats Brighton, another of his former clubs. Albion fans know that Lawrenson doesn’t care much for us"

In fact he was actually one of the first pundits last year to predict we wouldn't get relegated and heaped praise upon the club, its manager and players. .

"I think Brighton have done well and Tony Bloom who runs it has been an absolute saviour for them.
"His grandad (Harry) was vice-chairman when I was there. Look at what they've done with the ground and the training ground.
"I think Chris Hughton's a very good manager, he's very pragmatic. They know what they want and say they finish 17th, they'll give him another trench of money and then they can go again.
"I also think they look at the players they've signed and say 'you know what, if we go down they'll probably be good enough to get us back' so I like the way that they're thinking.
"It's difficult as well at that level because you're competing against an awful lot of other clubs, probably eight or nine, for the same players all the time so it's very easy to spend all your money and waste it.
"But they're well coached, well managed and certainly well run, and I think of the promoted teams they've got the best chance of survival."

"When you go into the dressing room and you look at Ulloa and the boy from PSV, you're thinking 'wow we've got a real chance now'.
via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/al...-to-establish-the-club-in-the-premier-league/

And the boring insinuation that he doesn't much care for the club is a myth
Here's from his autobiography.
I defy anyone not to like living in Brighton. I could see myself staying there permanently long after my football career was over, that’s how much I liked the place, and it seemed that the club would be successful for a long time to come. We just missed out on promotion to the First Division in my first year, but it would happen 12 months later. The town was football daft and we were getting gates of 24,000 on a regular basis at the Goldstone Ground.
https://thegoldstonewrap.com/2013/1...presses-his-love-for-brighton-down-the-years/

Lawrenson was one of our greatest, if not greatest player . God knows why this dull trope keeps circulating.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Liverpool need every point they can get and i predict after they get two goals up they will bring on their subs and play possession football,fortunately we have enough points at the moment to suffer a defeat

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
He makes the point that we are quite good at stopping teams playing. It can't simply be a case that all these teams have an off day when they come to the Amex.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It was the failure to defend a corner properly that killed us last year. We looked comfortable for the first half an hour with them playing in front of us. As soon as we went the goal behind we were suspect to those lightning breaks. We learnt one lesson from that game. The man on a knee at free kicks came after Coutinho mugged our jumping wall. Did anyone notice the opposition trying to stop us from doing that in a recent game? I think it was the West Ham away game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here