Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

A question about Hereford

0 Not allowed!
    How come we had so much support in the ground that day? It clearly made a difference, so why did we have so many tickets? Was it on police advice or did they just want to make some money?
    I'm in the mood for ska

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Skaville View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How come we had so much support in the ground that day? It clearly made a difference, so why did we have so many tickets? Was it on police advice or did they just want to make some money?
      Probably the latter.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

16 Not allowed!
      So far I've heard from around 35,000 of the few thousand that were actually there!
      Remy LeBeau

11 Not allowed!
      From my memory that was the standard away end which they gave to all visiting teams and they never sold-out the home area anyway.

Also I believe that tickets went on sale very early for this game and at that time no one had any idea just how important that fixture was to become. Our lot were originally going to go in fancy-dress for the last day of the season beano...When we realised it was going to be a relegation shoot-out we ditched the idea, as it would have been bloody stupid walking around like Dennis The Menace and Fred Flintstone had we just been dumped into the Conference.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
      Westminster BHA

0 Not allowed!
      I think from memory, the ticket allocation was decided some weeks before the end of the season, and at that point in time, Hereford didn't think they would be in any danger. So, as the previous poster says, they thought it would be a good money maker for them, and allowed the Albion a very large allocation. Thank goodness they did, because I am sure our level of support gave the team inspiration.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thimble Keegan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      From my memory that was the standard away end which they gave to all visiting teams and they never sold-out the home area anyway.
      I think the standing behind the goal was normally split down the middle but we got all of it that day. The reason I remember is that I was in the Hereford end in an area that shared toilets with the Brighton end. So I went to the toilet and walked into the Brighton end. Having been in the Hereford end for the opening goal I was very happy I realised this trick before we scored!
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Bought tickets in the home end and just before kick off they allowed quite a few of us to transfer to the away end. The atmosphere was pretty hostile in the home stands and the stewards obviously made a good decision on the day. Hate to think of the reaction us Albion fans would have got in the home stands when we equalised as it would have been impossible to just stay quiet!
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      Ordered my tickets by post and they didn’t turn up!
      I rang the club and was asked to meet someone outside, can’t remember who it was as I was well oiled by kickoff, but was walked round the outside of the pitch to the stand we had on the side. Was shown to my seat in the top of the stand and someone was in our seats but nothing was said, just glad to be there, we all crammed in one row without a seat.
      Definitely more people in that stand than seats available.
      We've come here to pay our respects to Great Aunt Nellie. She brought us up properly and taught us loyalty
      Test your smoke alarm Bry Nylon's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      I bought my ticket directly from Hereford in the top tier of the two-tiered stand along one touchline. It was a 'home supporters' area but it was obvious that there were plenty of other Albion in there. No bother from anyone at the final whistle; they just looked shell-shocked, shook hands and wished us the best of luck. Then I moved along toward the Albion end and the police let me down and through to join in the post-match celebrations.

2 Not allowed!
      I was told by the people at the ticket office at Hererford on the day that we had been allocated 3500 out of a ground capacity of, I think, 8000. They had received 27 000 requests for tickets from Brighton fans.