Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Alexis Mac Allister - $10M valuation met

Seems that he believes that he’ll be playing in the Premier League next season when he links up with us according to the quotes on Sky News.

So a $10m transfer get’s barely a view on this site added to no one on here or in the media questioning the wisdom of joining a side that might get relegated.

What times we are in Ladies & Gentleman, what times.

(And he looks very similar to Messi)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It will be interesting to see if this signing has any effect on Gross's form over the coming weeks. We have a spate of games coming up that Gross is capable of being very influential in and I wouldn't be surprised to see him up his game. I really like what the Albion have done here.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Why has the selling club removed their official tweet? Seems very strange? I would imagine an official picture and the shirt holding from our end today then followed by the original Argentinean website to re post their info!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why has the selling club removed their official tweet? Seems very strange? I would imagine an official picture and the shirt holding from our end today then followed by the original Argentinean website to re post their info!
Possibly put up too early by a junior on the twitter account, who didn't know about any agreed official announcement time ? ???

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Whilst his talent is clear I’m not certain this will prove to be a good fit in the longer term but really hope to be proven very wrong.

$10m is quite an outlay for a 20 yr old who hasn’t really set the world alight or had experience in continental competitions over there as Argentinos Juniors aren’t exactly great.

The link has given me ample work time to go down Wikipedia rabbit holes around Argentinian football and love how they deal with relegation.

At the end of the season the three teams with the worst three year rolling average points totals are relegated. That’s such a South American way of doing it.

Clearly the chairmen of the big boys fear relegation and hope that by averaging performance they can stop a single season of crapness causing long term harm.

Am staggered Scudamore didn’t borrow that one to protect the interests of the more established Prem teams in their quest for no relegation or promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Perhaps us announcing the signing of an Argentinian player might be seen as a little insensitive right now ?

Seriously?

not really

This

I'm sure we can give it a day or two, they haven't found the guy yet

It’s a very sad story make no mistake but what are we supposed to do?

Better cancel my trip to that Argentinian steak house tonight out of respect... jeez.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Whilst his talent is clear I’m not certain this will prove to be a good fit in the longer term but really hope to be proven very wrong.

$10m is quite an outlay for a 20 yr old who hasn’t really set the world alight or had experience in continental competitions over there as Argentinos Juniors aren’t exactly great.

Its actually not a lot of an outlay - Bournemouth spent £19m on Dominic flippin' Solanke

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Its actually not a lot of an outlay - Bournemouth spent £19m on Dominic flippin' Solanke

...who is a Home Grown Player with a full England cap!

FWIW I think Ally Mac looks like he might turn out to be a great investment, but it is a lot of money for an as-yet-unproven player.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Seriously?

This

It’s a very sad story make no mistake but what are we supposed to do?

Better cancel my trip to that Argentinian steak house tonight out of respect... jeez.

Actually I would go to the Argentinian steakhouse out of respect. But I'd wait a few days before splashing around the Argentinian and UK media that we've signed an Argentinian player to the premier league when they haven't fished the body of the other Argentinian player who has just been signed to the premier league out of the channel.

But its only a theory why the announcement appears to have been delayed, I'm not in charge of these things.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The link has given me ample work time to go down Wikipedia rabbit holes around Argentinian football and love how they deal with relegation.

At the end of the season the three teams with the worst three year rolling average points totals are relegated. That’s such a South American way of doing it.

Clearly the chairmen of the big boys fear relegation and hope that by averaging performance they can stop a single season of crapness causing long term harm.

Am staggered Scudamore didn’t borrow that one to protect the interests of the more established Prem teams in their quest for no relegation or promotion.

I'm sure I've heard Tim Vickery talk about this before, I can't be arsed to follow you down that rabbit hole but I think it was along the lines of River Plate getting relegated so they changed the rules to stop it happening.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Actually I would go to the Argentinian steakhouse out of respect. But I'd wait a few days before splashing around the Argentinian and UK media that we've signed an Argentinian player to the premier league when they haven't fished the body of the other Argentinian player who has just been signed to the premier league out of the channel.

But its only a theory why the announcement appears to have been delayed, I'm not in charge of these things.

For goodness sake stop coming out with this garbage. Life doesn't stop just because a person is missing.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm sure I've heard Tim Vickery talk about this before, I can't be arsed to follow you down that rabbit hole but I think it was along the lines of River Plate getting relegated so they changed the rules to stop it happening.

That's right from what I remember.

edit: This article sums it up http://boxtoboxfootball.uk/river-plates-relegation-changed-argentina-superclasico/

In short, they brought in the three season average in 1983 to protect Boca and River from relegation but it wasn't enough to save River, who were relegated in 2011.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here