Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Going by the latest translated tweets they keep going on about not getting the passport in time but seem to think he'll be able to play for us next season. So perhaps he has some means of obtaining a European passport but it's not going to come through in time to register him for the second half of the season?

The rumours are that we want to loan him to Boca for 6 months but Argentinos Juniors are demanding we pay them €1m if we loan him to another club, something we are not agreeing too.

Edit: Ha, took too long to post that and beaten to it. :ffsparr:

ALBION are still hot on the trail of Argentinian midfield prospect Alexis Mac Allister.

Talks are ongoing to thrash out a deal for the 20-year-old with his club Argentinos Juniors.

The Argus confirmed last week Albion's interest in Mac Allister.

The Seagulls are excited by his potential but a complex deal is yet to be finalised.

Signing Argentinian players can be difficult to get over the line, as Albion discovered three years ago when they pursued Boca Juniors striker Jonathan Calleri

Mac Allister, keen on a move to Europe, would probably be loaned out to gain more first team experience, having played for Juniors in the Argentinian top flight.

His family roots in Scotland could also help with the work permit process.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...-of-argentinian-prospect-alexis-mac-allister/

rogeraaaj

Jan 10, 2019
Now it's official. Argentinos Juniors sold Alexis Mac Allister in US$9.000.00 to Brighton & Hove Albion, 5% remains to Argentinos Juniors and He will stay here until June.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
(From DOUBLE YELLOW Drafting) Alexis Mac Allister closed his transfer with Brighton and became a player of the English team, for $ 9 million for 90% of the pass, a great business for Argentinos.

Although a few days before had lit a light of hope for Gustavo Alfaro , which was one of the priorities to add to the campus of Boca because the flyer does not have a community passport, it was resolved that he will remain in Argentinos Juniors and mid-year He will travel to England to join his new team.

"I am looking to check and sign in Argentina to not miss training days. I was happy in Argentinos, I could not go with the club fighting down, "said the player in TyC Sports.

"I had the possibility to go to Boca but it did not happen. I have a dream to play in Boca, but I know that at some point it will happen. I had a small talk with people Nicolás Burdisso, who called me. I was very interested in the Brighton project, "added Mac Allister.

FROM >>> https://www.dobleamarilla.com.ar/su...ugador-del-brighton_a5c460c09e4bf8002da4d33a4

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After several weeks of nervousness and the Boca polls, Argentinos Juniors midfielder Alexis Mac Allister confirmed his transfer to Brighton & Hove Albion and will join the Premier League starting in July this year, in exchange for 9 million of dollars, so he will play six more months in Argentine soccer.

"It's what I wanted from the beginning because of the situation in which Argentinos are. It is time to face and I hope to enjoy these six months so that the situation improves. The Premier is the best league, although it is very difficult. I have no doubt that if my head is good, I can play quietly in England, "Alexis said in a telephone call to TyC Sports Verano.

Although he clarified: "I had a small talk with Nicolás Burdisso, not like that with Gustavo Alfaro. The possibility of moving to Boca was, but the circumstances were to continue in Argentina. The dream of playing in Boca is and I hope that at some point in my career it can happen. "

FROM >>> https://www.tycsports.com/nota/supe...e-albion-tengo-el-sueno-de-jugar-en-boca.html

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody. By singing for a premier league side that surely makes him instantly the second or third best scottish footballer in the world. Emotional.

:wozza:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Now it's official. Argentinos Juniors sold Alexis Mac Allister in US$9.000.00 to Brighton & Hove Albion, 5% remains to Argentinos Juniors and He will stay here until June.

Are you a relation to him ?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
He's bobbins, we should get rid, I'll drive him there for the petrol money/I've always rated him and always knew he'd come good.

Delete as appropriate but at least I've got my bases covered.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One for the u23's and f a cup games

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
One for the u23's and f a cup games

Bit disappointing as we’re waiting till July for him.

I’d hope him to be in the first team squad regularly pushing Groß for a staring berth.

£6m in Argentina is surely around £10m in England for the same type of player?

I suspect our interest in Powell has now ended.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I don't suppose this has been confirmed by the club yet ???

club wont confirm until the ink is dry on the paper ... still just news from South America at the moment but if the player says its a done deal & having medical you can be fairly sure it should cross the line ... hopefully just a case of dotting the I's and crossing the T's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here