Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anybody use Discord? I just created an Albion one.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have created a server for Albion fans. Discord has gotten pretty big over the past few years and I was surprised to not see a server for Brighton, and if it was it was already dead.

For those wondering wtf Discord is, it's a free voice, video and text chat app for anyone. It was created to bring people together through a love of gaming, but it has since exploded. People can access Discord via their PC, browser, or mobile phone. Once there, they can join a chat they’ve been invited to or they can create private servers and invite their friends to discuss topics by voice, text or video. Most clubs in the PL have one of these set up and it's mostly active on match days. Think of it as a WhatsApp group chat but anonymous.

To join the server just click on the link below:

https://discord.gg/vtafHFU

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
So, it's an online place, where Albion fans can post messages?

I can't believe no one has thought of this before.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There's plenty of discord on NSC at the best of times.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So, it's an online place, where Albion fans can post messages?

I can't believe no one has thought of this before.

A lot more akin to the old school chatrooms than a forum so yes although they may sound similar they're not. Anyway, it's incredibly popular right now and I thought I'd make one for anyone interested. :albion2:

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
Was trying to see if this had been posted before and found this! I joined this a week or so ago and I think it's a super friendly platform that makes discussion easier, it's a real shame that the discord has less than 100 people at the moment. This place is booming and it doesn't need to detract from that, but as a free platform Discord is incredible and has capabilities including voice chat (maybe chats during games?) and things like twitter links embed automatically (still figuring out how to do that here lmao). Hopefully some of you check it out, I use Discord all the time so it's a bit of a selfish request :D

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anonymous chat for already socially disfunctional gamers, I assume this is something from the ‘dark web’?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Anonymous chat for already socially disfunctional gamers, I assume this is something from the ‘dark web’?

No the dark web is a lot harder to join. Though there used to be a few great discord channels for finding match streams most of them seem to have been closed now.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have actually started using Discord since this thread was started. It is pretty good if you find the right servers for subjects you're interested in. I've found a great one for chatting about retro computers/consoles with likeminded people. Much like NSC, a lot of the chat isn't related to the main subject matter and you just talk about whatever.

I still don't think I'd use an Albion one. I've got NSC for that. I'm not sure what it would add.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My IPTV provider uses Discord for status updates, content requests, etc. It works well for that purpose, but I think I prefer this forum format for "meaningful" discussion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here