Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] No hawkers, no circulars.....

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
In my previous house I was having new windows fitted throughout, the window companies van was parked sideways on my drive.
I had a knock on the door and someone asked me if I was interested in having new windows :facepalm::rolleyes: I was trying not to be too sarcastic when I pointed to the brand new front windows and door, and asked the salesman if he noticed the window fitters van that he had to squeeze past to get to my front door. :)

I had exactly the same happen to me in the early2000s. Our windows were being fitted as another fitter was putting our new front door on . An idiot from Zenith windows called and asked if I was interested in double glazing. For a change I was lost for words.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm generally firm but polite when telling them to do one. The recent exception was when within two days I had the third person knock on my door asking if I wanted my driveway blockpaved ...... told him to fvck off and to tell his mates to fvck off as well.

To my shame I did do some door to door sales stuff in the early to mid 80s - my saving grace was it was to sell Seagulls Lottery tickets ( or whatever it was called then ) - my pay ? Two season tickets each season, something my brother and I were very grateful for !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I had exactly the same happen to me in the early2000s. Our windows were being fitted as another fitter was putting our new front door on . An idiot from Zenith windows called and asked if I was interested in double glazing. For a change I was lost for words.

Zenith windows employ nitwits. I had a cold call from them once to sell me a conservatory. I explained I lived in a first floor flat and she asked when would be OK for a salesman to pop round to show me the range and price up. :facepalm:

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Go to the door in your pants. Smear something red like ketchup or brown like nutella on your chest. Shut one eye. Open the door and greet the caller with a loud grunt or hoot.

They won't stay long.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I always make sure they can see that I’m in my unerpants, drunk as a lord, playing Twister by myself. Invite them in for a game.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Zenith windows employ nitwits. I had a cold call from them once to sell me a conservatory. I explained I lived in a first floor flat and she asked when would be OK for a salesman to pop round to show me the range and price up. :facepalm:

I think it was Anglian who rang me and asked me when I would like their surveyor to call. I said "If you send anyone round I will cut them up and eat them". That rather put the girl off her script. Mrs H thought it a bit over the top but as I pointed out, they rang me and so are fair game.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
When I shared a house with other guys I just booked appointments for them when I knew one of the other guys would be in, after a while they just stopped knocking, although we did get a lot of taxis and pizzas for a while!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Funnilty enough that might well have been the "leading" company I was referring to......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here