Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Hemed back with us?

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Looking at training photos on the BHA website, I see there’s a photo of Tomer, has he come back?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He was recalled earlier this week ... maybe prior to a transfer

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Will always have a soft spot for that lad - worked his arse off when playing for us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In fact he can play for us in January as the 25 man squad rule doesn't apply in the transfer window.

And in the FA Cup anytime.

West Brom ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In fact he can play for us in January as the 25 man squad rule doesn't apply in the transfer window.

And in the FA Cup anytime.

West Brom ?

Would be nice to have a farewell cameo.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He was recalled earlier this week ... maybe prior to a transfer

There was a tweet from a twitter account suggesting he may be recalled, but there is nothing official......is there?

This story from Monday from the football.london website suggests a nagging groin injury led to hernia surgery and he is expected back by the Rs later this month (or early next):-

The Israeli striker has shown his qualities at times, but we can give him the benefit of the doubt and accept a nagging groin injury – one which ultimately required a hernia operation – may have been behind his failure to deliver on that early promise.

Hemed is expected back in late January or early February, and if he returns pain free then QPR will have been handed a huge asset in the form of a striker without too many miles in his legs and with a proven track record at this level. The chemistry with Nahki Wells – so promising in the wins over Wigan and Bolton earlier in the season – could be just what the Rs need.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will always have a soft spot for that lad - worked his arse off when playing for us.

This.

I'm starting to get a soft spot for our new PL stars. Andone and Bissouma have the potential to be LEGENDS IMO, Gross is in that difficult second season but was the player of the season last season, Ryan already is a legend and Montoya could well see us thinking the unthinkable and not missing Bruno much. But for all of that the team that went up will always have a special place in my heart. Hemed I'll remember for an incredible workrate, decent heading ability and superb penalties. But it will be a sad day if we ever forget the contribution of players like Baldock, Goldson, the BFG, Stockdale (yes, even him) and loan stars like Tomori and Pocognoli. That was one special squad.

If Tomer is off - IF - then it is with a heavy heart and many thanks from me.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A different possibility is that he's back with an eye to naming him in the squad....?

With Locadia seemingly making a place wide left his own - not to mention Izquierdo and Jahanbaksh injuries meaning that we only have two other wing options plus Gyokeres - and with Murray getting on a bit and CH protecting him from playing twice a week - we are actually quite short up front. We've basically got just five members of the 25 for those three forward roles

Up front its Andone or Murray, and both play a part every game. If one of them was to get injured what do we have exactly? Either move Locadia away from where he is doing well on the left, or throw Gyokeres into the fold? We could definitely do with another forward option. Its hardly impossible that CH is looking at shaking his squad up a bit. Schelotto and Suttner have taken up two places and neither has been on the bench yet as far as I can tell, even in the cup games. Having Tomer here would be far more useful than either of those full-backs

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
On a different note, who is squad number 59? He appears in a couple of the training photos today but I can't see him on the official site or Wikipedia and that's about as far as my research goes.

Edit: I've found him, it's Peter Gwargis.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A different possibility is that he's back with an eye to naming him in the squad....?

With Locadia seemingly making a place wide left his own - not to mention Izquierdo and Jahanbaksh injuries meaning that we only have two other wing options plus Gyokeres - and with Murray getting on a bit and CH protecting him from playing twice a week - we are actually quite short up front. We've basically got just five members of the 25 for those three forward roles

Up front its Andone or Murray, and both play a part every game. If one of them was to get injured what do we have exactly? Either move Locadia away from where he is doing well on the left, or throw Gyokeres into the fold? We could definitely do with another forward option. Its hardly impossible that CH is looking at shaking his squad up a bit. Schelotto and Suttner have taken up two places and neither has been on the bench yet as far as I can tell, even in the cup games. Having Tomer here would be far more useful than either of those full-backs

No, sad to say it, but Tomer won't ever play for us again, time to move on.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Those last 2 seasons in the championship Tomer scored 30 goals in 73 appearances.

There was one period which I remember seemed like months where he played every minute of every game due to him being our only fit striker.

Tomer,
Tomer, Tomer,
Tomer, Tomer,
Tomer, Tomer Hemed :albion2:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
On a different note, who is squad number 59? He appears in a couple of the training photos today but I can't see him on the official site or Wikipedia and that's about as far as my research goes.

Edit: I've found him, it's Peter Gwargis.

For some reason they don't label the galleries or show you the gallery URL but they do tag the players in the site mark up which you can easily look at (view source) so for example
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ries/28-training-10jan19/09-gwargis.jpg/Large
and yep. Tomer Hemed.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...leries/28-training-10jan19/06-hemed.jpg/Large

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Screenshot 2019-01-10 at 17.10.26.png

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/january/gallery-preparing-for-the-league-leaders/

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
This.

I'm starting to get a soft spot for our new PL stars. Andone and Bissouma have the potential to be LEGENDS IMO, Gross is in that difficult second season but was the player of the season last season, Ryan already is a legend and Montoya could well see us thinking the unthinkable and not missing Bruno much. But for all of that the team that went up will always have a special place in my heart. Hemed I'll remember for an incredible workrate, decent heading ability and superb penalties. But it will be a sad day if we ever forget the contribution of players like Baldock, Goldson, the BFG, Stockdale (yes, even him) and loan stars like Tomori and Pocognoli. That was one special squad.

If Tomer is off - IF - then it is with a heavy heart and many thanks from me.

err - i think not. go and have a lie down ! :moo:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here