Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    I don’t doubt that if I emailed the club I’d get a detailed response and I don’t think that club supporter relations are that bad. The whole point of collectivism, either in the work place or in this case by those who share a common interest, is that the voice of a representative body carries more weight than that of any individual.

So for example, at the moment, there are a significant number, (not sure if it’s a majority or minority) who are concerned at the tone of club communications (I recognise that many also aren’t). If I and a handful of others were to email to club stating this, we’d get a reason why, but there’s very little chance of this changing. If there were a representative body which accounted for a significant cross section of the clubs support, then it would be far harder for the club to ignore. In this example then, the club could having scheduled meetings with a rep who would have been mandated to bring up particular agenda points and can then report back.

This is surely good for the club. They can say they have regular discussions with supporter groups. Most importantly it’s going to reduce the burden of sending god knows how many individual emails, which will almost certainly be read by just one person.

There’s no implication of a supporters group that it has to have an adversarial relationship with the club. I can’t understand why anyone would feel threatened by this

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's all one way? You understand how much Tony Bloom has invested in the club, and got us to where we are, right?
      Yes I feel it is at times ..as for the rest of your post do me a favour
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      Yes I feel it is at times ..as for the rest of your post do me a favour
      But your post makes no sense. How can it be 'all one way' when the club was subsidising huge losses but still making sure we were competitive. That sounds one way but in the wrong direction
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I don't want to belong to a club that will accept people like me as a member
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      To those that complain about being treated like customers, your all acting like customers everytime you click send and your pointless email finds it way to Barber’s inbox. Go to football go home and forget about it until the next game snowflakes.
      Personally my ideal match day experience at the Amex would be exactly the same as it was at Withdean: leave the pub 20 mins before kick-off, give an entire swerve to the pre-match BS, have a piss at half time and be back in the pub 20 mins after the final whistle. It was stuff of dreams! Well, apart from the Withdean micro-climate obviously
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      I don't agree with @attila on this occasion but your responses (I see there are several now) are needlessly harsh. I don't see the need for the character assasination. Bloke just floated a notion and seems quite happy for people like me to say 'no thanks'
      You might have a point other than the fact we've had this before and I'm sure we'll have this again.
      Last time it was Harty (shouldn't be too far behind now) this time it's Attila.

It's the same redundant pathetic grizzling weighed down with a heavy dose of self-aggrandizing, "us old gits" might even be an exact quote from Harty.

They'll never get the message that actually we're pretty happy with a fan owner and astute CEO, because they are giving the impression of people scared of being forgotten.
      When in fact the only reason why that can happen is by themselves peeing all over their own fantastic legacy by wanting to relive the 'good old days'.

If "all I want to do is have a pint and watch football" were actually true absolutely nothing that's happened recently has affected Atilla, if anything he's currently in the best shape ever as an Albion fan, yet here we still are.

Why is that?
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Calling Dr.No
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
      No worries this end. I have a very thick skin, and most people take my post in the spirit in which it meant. There are some who just want to have a go, and would do so if I posted about how brilliant the new Laibach album is, or something
      I certainly don't want to 'have a go', assuming that's in reference to me (&THPP) I just have a different opinion as to the motives of your post, it's a shame you see it that way.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

0 Not allowed!
      It is now a very different club to the old days and in a changed world. You have to embrace modern restrictions & regulations (whether you like it or not) & modern communication streams. I think some need to focus on important issues & be grateful for what they have.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      Calling Dr.No
      You’re several posts too late. *sigh*
      6EQUJ5 2A