Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I see no harm in it, only good. I think a new BISA would be constructive given the sensible management team in place. Collectively, they could do good things together. The club may see it as a threat at first, but given that we all want a better BHA, it can only work in everyone’s favour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Either that wallpaper goes or I do

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Without taking sides here but don’t Tony Bloom and Paul Barber regularly attend fans forums to explain and answer questions regarding the club and their role with supporters?
      Yes, and not necessarily fans forums but groups as well, like NWSussex Seagulls, and Seagulls over London. It's often just Paul Barber and 20 people so there's plenty of chance to have a discussion rather than a 'lecture'.
      As has been pointed out, PB is very good at responding to individual emails and queries.

There's lots we can grumble at, but are we just grumbling? The flasks, water etc issue is common at most grounds now.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

11 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
      On the field things are going absolutely brilliantly, I think everyone will agree about that. Off the field we are treated like 'customers' and since the 'war years' ended have had no collective representation as supporters in the face of the negative aspects of the modern football experience discussed in many threads on here.
      Many will say: no need, things have moved on, and the club won't listen anyway: no need, they know 95% of us won't walk away and there is a big waiting list ready to snap up the tickts of the 5% who do.
      I actually think the revival of an organised supporters' group would be listened to by the club for all kinds of reasons, historical and actual, and it might make things easier for all concerned.
      If it does happen it should be the new generation who take it forward: we old gits have done our bit.
      We have a proud history of democratic relations with the club, not the top-down approach currently favoured ( an annual online fan survey and annual fans' forum doesn't really compare with our previous relationship does it?)
      What do you think?
      No.
      No.
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Taybha View Post
      Bloody sad if football supporters of any club have got to a point where they think they are inconsequential, nothing has ever changed if nobody did nothing, we wouldn’t be where we are if that were the case , no organisation no matter how big should conduct itself as if it were untouchable or unaccountable, I actually think we have a pretty open and on the whole good relationship with the goings on at our club but it wouldn’t hurt to have more of a fan based input on some things that happen beyond our control, the Ifollow continuing saga being one of those things so conveniently swept under the corporate carpet, would a BISA type group have any effect on this ? I don’t know but to those that think the fans don’t matter anymore I respect your opinion but sincerely hope you’re wrong .

It’s a new world and as John said a fresh band of brothers and sisters would be needed to set this up , I couldn’t march to the corner shop now let alone hold up a something out banner .
      Every individual fan now has direct access to PB aka the club's Deputy Chairman. So far as I can see, every direct communication receives a detailed personal reply. It's taken as read as fair play that the detailed reply is available to be worked up into the Deputy Chairman's Programme Notes, and can be readily made available on NSC, should the correspondent choose to do so. Absolutely no requirement to allow our very own Wolfie Smith to insinuate himself into the process. It's over mate, move on.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      I think that we have a CEO who will personally respond (at length) to every e-mail he receives from individual fans.
      A chairman who sits and shares a can of Stella with random fans, on the train back from away matches.
      Club representatives made available not just for the one annual forum you mention, but also disparate supporters' groups (Seagulls over London, Seagulls over Burwash ffs!).

If anything 'access' to 'the club' for each individual fan, is greater now than it has ever been.
      Crikey. I agree 100% with you!

I can't see what the club can do to make it more personal, short of cloning Tony Bloom and Paul Barber, so we can all sit next to them at away games!!!
      Ignore list - 1. An idiot - Classified He knows who he is!!
      2. Dickheads Elbow - No other reason than he's a tw**!

That is all!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The tone of the email communication is terrible.

I got an email saying I bought a ticket for the Carabao Cup Bournemouth cup game last season and didn't attend, and how naughty I was. I was in Bournemouth that night, and I know that as I bought a coffee machine earlier that evening. But I tried to explain in an email to the Club there might be an error, but did not get anything back from them. Guess they have far more important things to do than to listen to a "customer" who has been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      Every business, however big, needs to know how its 'customers' feel about it. We are relevant, its up to us how we organise.
      I think football is an exception to that rule.

If a Premier League club had absolutely no fans attend on matchdays throughout the season, they could still compete and make a profit. Match day fans are simply not a priority issue to them.

I would even go so far to say that it's considerably more important to the club that it has a positive image, rather than appeasing the match day fans. This is why the flask & bottle top ban even exists - the club considers the risk of one of these items being thrown onto the pitch, greater than inconveniencing tens of thousands of us.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      Oh god, we should have seen this bollox coming over the last couple of days.

The very epitome of self-entitled, look at me, my voice is still important (honest).
      I guess this time it's Attila's turn to live in the past, last time it was Harty, which one next?

Thankfully @hans kraay fan club has already very eloquently written why this is shit.

You want it you set it up, be honest if anyone else does they won't be able to breath with you old gits telling them how, just leave the rest of us out of it.
      I'm not setting anything up, not going to tell anyone what to do, don't want anyone to look at me, not getting involved any more, just want to drink beer and watch football. I was just asking for an opinion, which I might pass on, and you and the inevitable THPP want to make it personal and have a go at me. Honestly.

0 Not allowed!
      I am sure the club would welcome a supporters club provided they are running it and making money from it. With current success they are holding all the cards. I do find their tactics quite discriminating which is a shame because what they are doing is abusing the good faith of those very supporters who fought hard to keep them afloat. I accept that Bloom has had his hand in his pocket for a long time now, but fear he is allowing his management team to run roughshod over the hands that have fed the club for several generations.

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
      On the field things are going absolutely brilliantly, I think everyone will agree about that. Off the field we are treated like 'customers' and since the 'war years' ended have had no collective representation as supporters in the face of the negative aspects of the modern football experience discussed in many threads on here.
      Many will say: no need, things have moved on, and the club won't listen anyway: no need, they know 95% of us won't walk away and there is a big waiting list ready to snap up the tickts of the 5% who do.
      I actually think the revival of an organised supporters' group would be listened to by the club for all kinds of reasons, historical and actual, and it might make things easier for all concerned.
      If it does happen it should be the new generation who take it forward: we old gits have done our bit.
      We have a proud history of democratic relations with the club, not the top-down approach currently favoured ( an annual online fan survey and annual fans' forum doesn't really compare with our previous relationship does it?)
      What do you think?
      In short no.

What do you want the club to listen to?

What are they doing to upset you now?

With have 30,000 people attending games now. How personal do you expect them to be?

Some communications need to be harsh and to the point.

Flasks are banned on security grounds, not because they want you to buy a bovril. (I think most of the negative comments on that have got to be wind ups haven't they)

Someone was banned for a few games, because he apparently said vile things about a dead WBA player. Good.They said what they needed to.

The CEO, will personally answer emails if and when he has too. How much more personal do you want it.

Its almost as if, you are looking for attention, and miss the dark old days.
      Ignore list - 1. An idiot - Classified He knows who he is!!
      2. Dickheads Elbow - No other reason than he's a tw**!

That is all!