Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Is it time to restart BISA or something similar?

19 Not allowed!
    On the field things are going absolutely brilliantly, I think everyone will agree about that. Off the field we are treated like 'customers' and since the 'war years' ended have had no collective representation as supporters in the face of the negative aspects of the modern football experience discussed in many threads on here.
    Many will say: no need, things have moved on, and the club won't listen anyway: no need, they know 95% of us won't walk away and there is a big waiting list ready to snap up the tickts of the 5% who do.
    I actually think the revival of an organised supporters' group would be listened to by the club for all kinds of reasons, historical and actual, and it might make things easier for all concerned.
    If it does happen it should be the new generation who take it forward: we old gits have done our bit.
    We have a proud history of democratic relations with the club, not the top-down approach currently favoured ( an annual online fan survey and annual fans' forum doesn't really compare with our previous relationship does it?)
    What do you think?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      It's not a bad idea by I'm not really sure what it's going to achieve. I can't see how any organisation like this would have any kind of power these days.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      On the field things are going absolutely brilliantly, I think everyone will agree about that. Off the field we are treated like 'customers' and since the 'war years' ended have had no collective representation as supporters in the face of the negative aspects of the modern football experience discussed in many threads on here.
      Many will say: no need, things have moved on, and the club won't listen anyway: no need, they know 95% of us won't walk away and there is a big waiting list ready to snap up the tickts of the 5% who do.
      I actually think the revival of an organised supporters' group would be listened to by the club for all kinds of reasons, historical and actual, and it might make things easier for all concerned.
      If it does happen it should be the new generation who take it forward: we old gits have done our bit.
      We have a proud history of democratic relations with the club, not the top-down approach currently favoured ( an annual online fan survey and annual fans' forum doesn't really compare with our previous relationship does it?)
      What do you think?
      I think you're right about the benefits of a supporters group that has regular communication and meetings with the club.

There isn't much wrong with the content of what comes out of the club but the tone of communication at the moment is all wrong.

Face to face meetings with the supporters reps feeding back on here and the various other social media would be a significant help.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

2 Not allowed!
      What do you think?
      If you want to encourage the “new generation” to take the reins rather than “we old gits”, you might do better to use a medium that they read? Twitter, Instagram, even (still) FB would be better channels to reach that demographic.
      6EQUJ5 2A

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      I think you're right about the benefits of a supporters group that has regular communication and meetings with the club.

There isn't much wrong with the content of what comes out of the club but the tone of communication at the moment is all wrong.

Face to face meetings with the supporters reps reporting back on here and the various other social media would be a significant help.
      I'm interested, can you provide any examples of where you think this is the case?
      thanks

9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greavsey View Post
      I'm interested, can you provide any examples of where you think this is the case?
      thanks
      It is obviously a personal view but seems to be shared by many on here that the tone is often overly corporate and dictatorial. My preferred tone would involve much more emphasis on the friendly relationship and mutual appreciation between 99.5% of fans and the club.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

39 Not allowed!
      I think I’m getting a bit bored with all the incessant moaning about frankly trivial matters and imagined slights.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

50 Not allowed!
      What do you think?
      I think that we have a CEO who will personally respond (at length) to every e-mail he receives from individual fans.
      A chairman who sits and shares a can of Stella with random fans, on the train back from away matches.
      Club representatives made available not just for the one annual forum you mention, but also disparate supporters' groups (Seagulls over London, Seagulls over Burwash ffs!).

If anything 'access' to 'the club' for each individual fan, is greater now than it has ever been.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      It is obviously a personal view but seems to be shared by many on here that the tone is overly corporate and dictatorial. My preferred tone would involve much more emphasis on the friendly relationship and mutual appreciation between 99.5% of fans and the club.
      I don't disagree, but also think legally the latest raft have had to be pretty formal black and white communications by their nature.

Bottle tops and flasks seems to be a bigger issue than perhaps the club anticipated. I wonder is this what is driving Atilla's question/agenda, or is there something deeper?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      I think that we have a CEO who will personally respond (at length) to every e-mail he receives from individual fans.
      A chairman who sits and shares a can of Stella with random fans, on the train back from away matches.
      Club representatives made available not just for the one annual forum you mention, but also disparate supporters' groups (Seagulls over London, Seagulls over Burwash ffs!).

If anything 'access' to 'the club' for each individual fan, is greater now than it has ever been.
      All true, we've been extremely lucky with ownership for 2 decades now, but @attila's is still a good idea. Whoever owns the club at any time should always be acutely aware that there is more to the club than mere ownership. It's all about the community and supporters.

However, if a new BISA only ever ended up whinging loudly about flasks then we'd quickly wonder what the point of it ever was.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.