Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it time to restart BISA or something similar?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My only 'grumble' is lack of pizza in WSU.

Very first world really, and luckily, so far, I've managed to keep my white hot 'anger' in check.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Aren't the club doing exactly this though? They've made a lot of "minor" decisions lately which lead to negative effects for match going fans. Maybe they don't have a big effect, but lots of little negative decisions do add up.

How many match going fans are actually up in arms about any of these minor changes?

My take on the changes are that they are being made for the right reasons, basically H&S to protect us all. Lots of cheap shots are aimed at H&S, mainly from those who are ignorant of the reasons.

Others see the changes as money making initiatives by the greedy capitalists.

Depends who you trust.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Aren't the club doing exactly this though? They've made a lot of "minor" decisions lately which lead to negative effects for match going fans. Maybe they don't have a big effect, but lots of little negative decisions do add up.

Have they REALLY, though? Is anybody's life actually seriously affected by the inability to take a flask of whatever to a game? In the grand scheme of things? That entire issue seemed to me to have turned into a bandwagon to be boarded by those with an agenda, rather than people who were adversely affected.

What other decisions are you counting as "a lot" here? The bottle top thing? Is that it? Do you always bring a bottle of Coke with you? The request not to use racist or homophobic abuse?

Only in football would service-users, stakeholders or whatever you want to refer to yourself as complain about being treated like "customers". For many years football supporters complained bitterly that their clubs treated them like blindly loyal fans, rather than customers. In other service industries, people are desperate to be treated like customers rather than just a faceless source of revenue. Yet we quibble about it. What do we actually want here??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Have they REALLY, though? Is anybody's life actually seriously affected by the inability to take a flask of whatever to a game? In the grand scheme of things? That entire issue seemed to me to have turned into a bandwagon to be boarded by those with an agenda, rather than people who were adversely affected.

What other decisions are you counting as "a lot" here? The bottle top thing? Is that it? Do you always bring a bottle of Coke with you? The request not to use racist or homophobic abuse?

Only in football would service-users, stakeholders or whatever you want to refer to yourself as complain about being treated like "customers". For many years football supporters complained bitterly that their clubs treated them like blindly loyal fans, rather than customers. In other service industries, people are desperate to be treated like customers rather than just a faceless source of revenue. Yet we quibble about it. What do we actually want here??

Good job you weren’t around in 1995, one day they banned Westlers Hot Dogs and Wagon Wheels , the next the Goldstone was sold. If the AMEX is an Asda this time next year don’t blame me

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Word.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
My only 'grumble' is lack of pizza in WSU.

Very first world really, and luckily, so far, I've managed to keep my white hot 'anger' in check.

I agree, and i think there is definitely discrimination against WSU in favour of the lower stands. Never got to try the fish finger butties a while back. It's a bloody disgrace, and I'm furious. The Club clearly cares nothing about the fans in WSU. Stalinist arrogance of the worst kind. Anyone know Barber's email address?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Good job you weren’t around in 1995, one day they banned Westlers Hot Dogs and Wagon Wheels , the next the Goldstone was sold. If the AMEX is an Asda this time next year don’t blame me

Imagine these people moaning about bottle tops having to watch football though a spike-topped perimeter fence, eh?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Has his response to you ever led to him changing his mind on the basis of your customer feedback? Or has it just made you feel good because he's given you an answer (any answer) even if said answer doesn't improve your/the situation?

It's all well and good talking the talk with considered email replies, but if you consistently make decisions which are to the detriment of your customers and announce these decisions in such a poor way, but you aren't willing to make changes to said decisions or tone, then really it's just a load of hot smoke.

Have you ever gone to a fans meeting? Different groups hold them fairly regularly and you can hear for yourself the explanations, and discussions.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Let’s just enjoy the ride, be grateful to those who are funding it, support those who are steering it and stop picking on minor issues to fill our time.

Despite what they claim some posters felt a sense of power during the war years and aren’t content with just being fans.

Wow! So long and Thanks for all the fish

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I’ve said for a long time that the official supporters club should do more but it’s a total waste of time. Full of old cronies and they make no effort at all to get new members. Last time I asked it only had 300 members.

So yes if a vibrant new independent supporters club was formed I would join.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If BISA stands for Bolton Independent Supporters Association then it would get my support. Winding up orders outstanding from HMRC and player agents, disputes with other clubs over unpaid wages & transfers, players on strike, FFP breaches, staff unpaid, an owner who was barred from being a company director for 8 years, mysterious payments to the owners’ son, a deathbed loan from a previous owner, British Virgin Island company involvement, and loans at 25% per annum from ‘mates’ of Dean Holdsworth.

Anyone who thinks in 2018 under Tony Bloom we are being treated in a similar manner to Archer and Bellotti in 1995-7 then they need, as my close personal friend [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] would say “to give there head a wobble”

Regards
EP

I’ve said for a long time that the official supporters club should do more but it’s a total waste of time. Full of old cronies and they make no effort at all to get new members. Last time I asked it only had 300 members.

We could abduct 10 official supporter club members and execute one a week till are demands are met. Death by force feeding of bottle tops should be apt.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Has his response to you ever led to him changing his mind on the basis of your customer feedback? Or has it just made you feel good because he's given you an answer (any answer) even if said answer doesn't improve your/the situation?

It's all well and good talking the talk with considered email replies, but if you consistently make decisions which are to the detriment of your customers and announce these decisions in such a poor way, but you aren't willing to make changes to said decisions or tone, then really it's just a load of hot smoke.

To be fair three clarified the clubs position, which in itself helped, and one enabled me to progress with something that previously hadn't been possible.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

There is no official supporters club. How do you know there is no effort to get new members?

Many people nowadays don't see the need for a supporters club as there are lots of other groups around which, are mainly geographical because Brighton fans are widespread across Sussex.
Old crones! Nice!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine these people moaning about bottle tops having to watch football though a spike-topped perimeter fence, eh?

In the good old days...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that anything would be achieved with that as the demand now is higher than the supply so PB etc are rightly calling the tune and wouldnt want interfering laymen with no knowledge of business telling him how to do his job. As we have grown we have become customers rather than just supporters , that was inevitable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only way a BISA would have any viability would be if the Albion's #1 fan was running it.

I just think Mr Bloom has enough in his plate, already.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here