Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] World's steepest street?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
There is a bloody steep street near Aberystwyth University which I've driven a few times. I was told by a local that it was the steepest Street in Wales.:shrug:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I drove a street in Greece that was so steep, that if I kept going I ended up back at the bottom.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
'The Drove' by 'Tammy's Fish and Chips' off just Dyke Road is ridiculously steep. Lots of fun doing down the hill, not so much walking or cycling up it!

The-Drove.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Baldwin Street in Dunedin, Otago has called itself the steepest street in the world for a while; can't speak to the veracity of that claim, but it's certainly a schlepp. A couple of roads heading out the back of Akaroa to the hills of the Banks Peninsula felt steeper

Was about to post 'somewhere in Dunedin'. When I was looking at houses there in the mid 90s I remember thinking that by the time I get into my 50s I'd be housebound :lolol:

https://www.google.com/maps/@-45.85...4!1syNjoWs9hYQ96APYXvb6-_w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Last edited:

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Baldwin Street in Dunedin, Otago has called itself the steepest street in the world for a while; can't speak to the veracity of that claim, but it's certainly a schlepp. A couple of roads heading out the back of Akaroa to the hills of the Banks Peninsula felt steeper

My wife & I visited Baldwin Street out of sheer curiosity when we were in NZ in 2013. Just driving our camper van up it was exhausting!

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
I've ridden up that hill in Harlech a few times and it's pretty grim, but nothing out of the ordinary in North Wales. Definitely tougher than anything I've cycled up in Brighton though. Isn't the hill in dunedin concrete cos the tarmac wouldn't stay put?! Went there about 25 years ago, thankfully without a bike.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I've ridden up that hill in Harlech a few times and it's pretty grim, but nothing out of the ordinary in North Wales. Definitely tougher than anything I've cycled up in Brighton though. Isn't the hill in dunedin concrete cos the tarmac wouldn't stay put?! Went there about 25 years ago, thankfully without a bike.

Yes, you are absolutely right about the concrete!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here