Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XII - Coming Soon(ish)

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Me too. Unfortunately this is [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] we're talking about, which pretty much guarantees this new contender will be absolutely wànk.

Just you wait DIMSTER. You will like this one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm REALLY excited about this years' competition. I have a new* nomination that is going to STORM the tournament.

This creature is going to do the unthinkable- unite the Badgeristas and the Anti-badgers under one banner, resulting in glorious victory in its debut in the competition.

*I believe it has been nominated before but I don't think it ever got seconded because it wasn't properly marketed.

I think you're teasing us, and the shrimp is back. Fantastic to see if so.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Honey Badger got his win a couple of years ago against UNBELIEVABLE odds and an entire infrastructure built against him. I'm totally easy from now on as to who wins, everyone is fully aware who the People's Champion is, and always will be.

This is where I'm at too. Which is why it is time for a new contender to light up this tournament.

When's it happening, anyway?

I like the fact that there is now pre-WHC thread / argument.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is where I'm at too. Which is why it is time for a new contender to light up this tournament.

When's it happening, anyway?

I like the fact that there is now pre-WHC thread / argument.

Commander you're really building up this contender, whoever it is. Be careful not to overhype.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Commander you're really building up this contender, whoever it is. Be careful not to overhype.

Point taken. I'll say no more until the nomination process begins.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'd like to propose a Linnean-based seeding this year, so that we can fully capture the majesty of our natural world. Under this format, each group would be separated by biological classification, so that the true masters of each clade would emerge:

Group 1 : Carnivora, the teethiest of the mammals. A true group of death.
Group 2 : Other mammals, who have to use a range of sneaky skills or sheer bulk to best their toothier cousins. Here's looking at you mouse
Group 3 : Birds, our feathered friends. Admittedly a weaker group this one, but a few worthy contenders
Group 4 : Herpetofauna. Who needs warm blood to be the hardest of them all?
Group 5 : Fish. The Great White Shark is likely to stroll this one, but who will join her in the second round?
Group 6 : Terrestrial invertebrates. They creep, they crawl, they bite, they sting...
Group 7 : Marine invertebrates. The denizens of the deep, long in tentacle and hard in beak...
Group 8 : Non-Animals - the Animal Kingdom may be hard, but there are five other Kingdoms out there with creatures waiting to get you.........

I really admire the passion involved in this but I think it's going to require much more grey matter than I possess.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd like to propose a Linnean-based seeding this year, so that we can fully capture the majesty of our natural world. Under this format, each group would be separated by biological classification, so that the true masters of each clade would emerge:

Group 1 : Carnivora, the teethiest of the mammals. A true group of death.
Group 2 : Other mammals, who have to use a range of sneaky skills or sheer bulk to best their toothier cousins. Here's looking at you mouse
Group 3 : Birds, our feathered friends. Admittedly a weaker group this one, but a few worthy contenders
Group 4 : Herpetofauna. Who needs warm blood to be the hardest of them all?
Group 5 : Fish. The Great White Shark is likely to stroll this one, but who will join her in the second round?
Group 6 : Terrestrial invertebrates. They creep, they crawl, they bite, they sting...
Group 7 : Marine invertebrates. The denizens of the deep, long in tentacle and hard in beak...
Group 8 : Non-Animals - the Animal Kingdom may be hard, but there are five other Kingdoms out there with creatures waiting to get you.........

Well laid out but not for me - I enjoy the chaotic non-seeded nature of the WHC. Nowhere to hide.

Also, what are the other FIVE kingdoms?!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I'm REALLY excited about this years' competition. I have a new* nomination that is going to STORM the tournament.

This creature is going to do the unthinkable- unite the Badgeristas and the Anti-badgers under one banner, resulting in glorious victory in its debut in the competition.

*I believe it has been nominated before but I don't think it ever got seconded because it wasn't properly marketed.

8718BAAE-C680-4B47-9A24-989B7BA0E55C.jpeg

Seconded.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Indeed, so are mushrooms, but they're not in the Animal Kingdom

I did not know that (I really should have).

I still stand by my no nuclear membrane rule.

Next up viruses... Living?

WHC ticks all the boxes of the BBC

Imform, educate and entertain

Bring the noise!!!!

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
There's a small bird with webbed feet that (in the right circumstances) can have any of the previous winnerz. Will say no more for now.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I did not know that (I really should have).

I still stand by my no nuclear membrane rule.

Next up viruses... Living?

WHC ticks all the boxes of the BBC

Imform, educate and entertain

Bring the noise!!!!

Viruses are not living, no. They cannot multiply without a living cell, cannot make energy, don't grow, etc etc they're just discarded dna and rna in a protein membrane

They do evolve though.... Some scientists argue they are living - ultimately depends on your definition of life

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Viruses are not living, no. They cannot multiply without a living cell, cannot make energy, don't grow, etc etc they're just discarded dna and rna in a protein membrane

They do evolve though.... Some scientists argue they are living - ultimately depends on your definition of life

Eees complicated.

My thoughts (a combination of academia and sci-fi .. Is ....if it reproduces it is life)

Viruses have a 'life cycle'?!?!

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here