Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] O/T Team for Liverpool

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They've conceded 10 goals in 21 games. :lolol:

I was hoping that wasn't their weakest part! :albion2:

Yes. But Lovren is injured, so their without a recognised centre half. VVD missed the cup game midweek due to a supposed injury, but I suspect that was just to give him a rest and he will be in the team Saturday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***Pop Quiz Hotshots***

How many times have the Albion hit the frame of the goal (not made out of wood), in the league, this season?

NO CHEATING.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Button
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Propper Stephens Bissoumma
March Andone Locadia

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think the ever satirical [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] was having a bit of fun about the lack of football related threads on NSC at the moment. :moo:

Fair enough. I'll consider myself whooshed! Shirley he should have asked which 11 players should the Scallys be aiming their bottle tops at?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Here’s what I would do. Players selected and justification for selection below

Button – Haven’t seen enough of either to form an opinion that Steele should play instead of him

Bruno – To link in with Knocky
Bong – Not confident Bernardo will be fit
Duffy – He’s good
Dunk – He’s good as well

Stephens – Our best holding mid and we’ll need him and Propper to pick up the numerous runs between the lines and break up counter attacks
Propper – As above
Knocky – If he’s on form he can hurt them
March – Better at helping the full back than Jurgen

Gross – Set pieces and link play

Andone – I don’t not choose Murray lightly, but if the Liverpool backline is unfit and untested and we know they like to knock it around at the back, we need someone who can hassle them into a mistake

4-4-1-1 – I think 4-3-3 largely depends on playing marauding full backs. 4-4-1-1 allows our wingers to help out in defence more and represents a better chance in big 6 games than 4-3-3

So who is going to play the Murray in defence against set pieces, What about the forgotten man Schelotto on the right wing and as an extra defender?

Steele
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Schelotto Stephens Pröpper March/Izquierdo 66
Groß
Andone

subs: Button, Montoya, Bernardo, Murray, Balogun, Izquierdo, Bissouma]

By the same reckoning Bernardo could play on the left as a winger and extra defender. But Robertson is the more dangerous of the Liverpool wing-backs.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here