Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Horses Arse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So it was the tweet I thought it was. It's a struggle to understand what he meant, its even more of a struggle to take such offense to. The guy complaining was asking what was meant by the tweet, which suggests that it was pretty bloody hard to understand. Totally over the top reaction and a green light to get bhafc fans banned left, right and center. Utterly ridiculous.

All those horrible and offensive tweets about Knockaerts dad resulted in no bans at all but some obscure reference to an ex WBA player gets someone banned. Meanwhile WBA back a player that was accused of racist behaviour offering full support whilst said player wrongly claims that the FA ruling proves him completely innocent. I despair.
    You seem to be conflating a lot of very different situations into some kind of 'one size fits all' justice.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post

It seems they're not very accurate.
      https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/07/footb...tches-7808677/
      So the club don't actually have them? Can't see the police being interested in getting involved over a twattish but seemingly harmless Albion fan so the Albion won't be keeping track of him that way?
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      So will throwing a full bottle of liquid with the top off. It won't all come spilling out on it's way from thrower to target - in fact from a standard 500ml bottle very little will.

I think they should ban hot drinks. You can hurt someone far more buy throwing scalding hot tea/coffee over them. A plastic cup of tea (no lid) is handy for close combat if it all kicks of in the 1901 lounge.
      It’s ok, they’ve already got that covered: the tea in 1901 hasn’t been made with hot water for 2 seasons.
      6EQUJ5 2A

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      That reads like a clause out of a contract of employment and if it were I'd understand it's validity. But as a customer it's not my job or responsibility to uphold the good name of a business ( and BHA is a business ) just because I buy their product. Basically that clause is utter bollocks and written by some corporate lawyer with about as much idea of customer service as I have of brain surgery.
      My view entirely. We are all being dragged down a very slippery slope, far beyond anything ever envisaged by Orwell.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gilliver's Travels View Post
      My view entirely. We are all being dragged down a very slippery slope, far beyond anything ever envisaged by Orwell.

0 Not allowed!
      ... far beyond anything ever envisaged by Orwell.
      I know - I’ve seen the cages that they fill with starving rats to affix to your face if you step out of line already. “Those?”, said the steward, “if you think that’s bad, wait til you see what we’ve got for you if you really upset us”.
      6EQUJ5 2A
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

8 Not allowed!
      This. Burning question for 2019 would appear to be: how do we stop the club disappearing up its own arse. They need to realise that the overwhelming majority of 'customers' just want to turn up and watch a game of football. PL seems to have turned the club's heads. Tho they'd do well not to alienate the real fanbase too much. They'll need them on the way down when the Twickers crowd has buggered back off whence they came and the STH waiting list has likewise slunk off into the sunset.
      Last edited by Tom Hark, Preston Park; 09-01-2019 at 18:43.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      You seem to be conflating a lot of very different situations into some kind of 'one size fits all' justice.
      Not what I meant but can see it looks a little like that. Better expressed as BHAFC taking a line that is completely different to any other club. Perhaps that doesn't make it wrong, perhaps in 20 years time the next iteration of snowflaking will result in all football clubs being like this. If I'm alive in 20 years time perhaps I will think it's a fantastic development. At the moment I think it is completely shit.

Now in terms of conflating things to a one size fits all will this now mean that Hennersey is banned for 5 games for his Nazi salute with a further 5 game ban added to reflect the ridiculousness of his excuse?
      "NO MATTER WHAT (unless I don't like my seat)"

0 Not allowed!
      BBC now reporting , as this thread has speculated, that posts were about Cyrille Regis
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46807269

My point from earlier about transparency still stands. Agree that privacy is important here and some duty of care to the individual involved but complete lack of detail about what merits a ban, length or severity of punishment (why 5 matches not 1 or 10) , why so coy - if it’s a tweet - Why not say so ? . How does mitigation help (apologising, deleting, where shared)

The club are at the forefront of trying to stamp out abuse in all its forms which is impressive, but this would be stronger if they had a more open framework for how they are going to police and enforce it.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      BBC now reporting , as this thread has speculated, that posts were about Cyrille Regis
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46807269

My point from earlier about transparency still stands. Agree that privacy is important here and some duty of care to the individual involved but complete lack of detail about what merits a ban, length or severity of punishment (why 5 matches not 1 or 10) , why so coy - if it’s a tweet - Why not say so ? . How does mitigation help (apologising, deleting, where shared)

The club are at the forefront of trying to stamp out abuse in all its forms which is impressive, but this would be stronger if they had a more open framework for how they are going to police and enforce it.
      I’d agree that a more open framework would help make the club’s stance on combatting abuse/whatever stronger. Are you volunteering to design such a framework? And you just know that no matter how hard you tried to cover every eventuality, the first transgression wouldn’t be covered!

Witness this one - would you really expect a framework to cover “poor taste ‘jokes’ about upcoming opposition clubs’ dead legends”? And how would it differ if the culprit was 58 rather than 18? Or if the player was retired, but alive? Or if he weren’t a legend, but a journeyman?

Nope - the only practical way is to deal with such matters on a case by case basis and try to ensure at least some consistency in any punishment.
      6EQUJ5 2A