Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fan issued with five game ban after social media post

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just as a matter of interest, or perhaps not of interest, we went to see Colorado avalanche ice hockey game in Denver a few months ago and every person had to walk though an airport style scanner,removing all metal objects into a small tray.

So they take security far more seriously than out token pat of teh shoulders.

Maybe that is coming at some point.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
8DB93C35-813D-405C-A2F2-EE05C636453E.jpeg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agree about the transparency re: incidents like this.
PS: The defence of Bong and public criticism of the booing, abuse and disappointment at the incident by Hughton ( he called the Burnley boos "shameful") and others has been consistent and vocal from the club.

Yes Chris did, but given the response to this incident, I would suggest our reaction as a club overall was less.

IMO of course.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think that you're missing the point.It's not the bottle top that is the problem, It is a bottle with a top on that is the problem.

A full bottle with a top on will travel like a brick when thrown. A bottle with no top on it and with the liquid falling out won't travel as far or as accurately. It becomes all wobbly when moving. Hence the international rule at most major stadiums not to allow bottle tops.

However in lieu of the bottle top ban I feel stadiums should make water and cups freely available for spectators.

At the Sept 11 clash with CP at the Amex, wasn’t a full water bottle lobbed at their fans from the WS? The away fans sat nearer to the WS then, taking the entire SS as it was then.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Yes Chris did, but given the response to this incident, I would suggest our reaction as a club overall was less.

IMO of course.....

I guess the club rightly let CH take a lead on this given it was initially on pitch incidents, concerned his player and because of his years of Kick It Out campaigning.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Got to wonder how some posters on this thread are able to get out of their own front doors, on game day.
Let alone make it all the way to the AMEX.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I guess the club rightly let CH take a lead on this given it was initially on pitch incidents, concerned his player and because of his years of Kick It Out campaigning.

Yes and his phraseology was perfect in that it was indeed ‘shameful’.

I wouldn’t have even revisited if this hadn’t cropped up.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just as a matter of interest, or perhaps not of interest, we went to see Colorado avalanche ice hockey game in Denver a few months ago and every person had to walk though an airport style scanner,removing all metal objects into a small tray.

That type of security has been in place in America for years at both stadia and public buildings., in response to 9/11. I would expect the first step towards this at the Amex will be similar to that in place at some away grounds already, in that before the pat down, you will be screened by someone with a hand held detecting device.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The issue is people shouldn’t throw anything and as pie gate has shown, they can’t be trusted.

Put your thumb over the top [emoji2]

Edit - we struggle to detect pyrotechnics so I would imagine those willing to take a risk will manage somehow.

Yeh, I mean fair enough. But the difference is that the club isn't going to stop people bringing money to the game, even though that is much, much more dangerous than a pie or bottle top.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I think that you're missing the point.It's not the bottle top that is the problem, It is a bottle with a top on that is the problem.

A full bottle with a top on will travel like a brick when thrown. A bottle with no top on it and with the liquid falling out won't travel as far or as accurately. It becomes all wobbly when moving. Hence the international rule at most major stadiums not to allow bottle tops.

However in lieu of the bottle top ban I feel stadiums should make water and cups freely available for spectators.

And stop coins going into stadiums as they're even more dangerous when thrown...

Oh wait, no, it's you that's missing the point...

Because this isn't about safety. If it was, the club would forgo money on the concourses and only accept card to ensure that no coins go into the ground and stop any potential damage from coin throwing. Because, guess what, coins can go bloody miles and cause really serious damage. But they're not banning coins are they... because the money going in their pockets is more important than health and safety. They're being hypocrites. So it's you that's missing the point mate.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Yeh, I mean fair enough. But the difference is that the club isn't going to stop people bringing money to the game, even though that is much, much more dangerous than a pie or bottle top.

You understand the club aren't worried about bottle tops being thrown?
It's to prevent the chucking of full (heavy) bottles

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Very little water would escape in the air if you chucked a bottle , top on or off , I won’t bore anyone with gravitational pull at this point of the thread .

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008

Yep - same at Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto FC a couple of months ago. At the baseball, our water bottles were emptied into plastic cups before we even got near the ground - wouldn't surprise me if this is the next step.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here