Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fan issued with five game ban after social media post

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
This is where the club could do better. NSC , for example, has a moderators thread explaining promptly if and why users are suspended/banned and for how long, which is transparent and helps other users understand boundaries.

I'd recommend they offer more details as to why / how they determined the ban, the severity of the offending post (avoiding personal details) and how mitigating action (promptly deleting the post, apologising) impacts on punishment to avoid threads like this where people are fretting about whether NSC posts saying "Barber is a this or that" will get them collared.
They will and have previously been collared for such posts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Well we. Know that kicking a water bottle Into a fan is £5000
Writing who knows what is a five game ban
Bottle tops carries a potential ban
Remind me what throwing a pie was I can’t keep up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think their long term plan is to ban all fans for breathing at the stadium, up the ticket prices and then replace us with Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea fans who are willing to pay a ton to come and watch Premier League football whilst we're still there.:shootself

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
There was a Twitter post that was very vague but mentioned the name of a certain iconic wba player from the past. Someone took offence, saw offence in it and started a quest. They write to bha and wba demanding action but the post was so utterly vague that it was hard to find any offence in it.

If it was that then god help us (if there was actually a god and if that god was at all bothered).

Open season on seeing/interpreting offence from bha fans now. Getting them banned only takes a complaint now? Sad.

No, the Tweet was sent to BHA and WBA.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Must confess that I am now really intrigued as to what was written

Like [MENTION=14669]LlcoolJ[/MENTION] my mind went instantly to the Bong incident.

As an aside and in no way connected to this, because we just don't know what was written and where.

At the weekend Frank Bruno - yes Frank Bruno, highlighted tweets made to him of a primate nature also mentioning his mental health.

WHY? Just why would you do that?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They will and have previously been collared for such posts.

Seeking clarification - you’re suggesting that the supporter who has just received a 5 game ban has previously made social media posts that have been sufficiently bad that the Albion have contacted him/her and asked them to stop making such posts in the future, and s/he ignored the warning?

Is that what you’re saying?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
A relief it it wasn't the one I mentioned. That would have been utterly ridiculous even for the modern day bhafc.

How do you know this out of interest? Club statement doesn't say that.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
The club introduced the besmirching clause and specified specifically “conduct on social media” a while ago.

https://www.seagullstickets.com/scr...ocuments/html/tandc.html#membershiptandcs1718

2fbf66defa18f11147e5c83f7c4dc8f3.jpg

Blimey! I left the Brownies cos' of shite like that :nono:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I would imagine for this to happen the posting had to be pretty serious in it's nature, as there was a lot of comment about the Rodriguez / Bong situation from fans on both sides at the time and talk of booing etc. I'm not sure where the boundary is in terms of something the police wouldn't be involved in but the club felt they had to take action on (i.e. it clearly isn't threats or the like).

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I may, in the past, have tweeted besmirching things about Winfried Haha's parentage and his resemblance to a "boggle-eyed" lady garden. Can I expect a knock on the door ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Someon sent an offensive post to the clubs?!

Deserves a 5-game ban for moronic behaviour, leaving aside any offensiveness. Did they say in mitigation that their phone had been stolen by Wayne Hennessey by any chance?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Seeking clarification - you’re suggesting that the supporter who has just received a 5 game ban has previously made social media posts that have been sufficiently bad that the Albion have contacted him/her and asked them to stop making such posts in the future, and s/he ignored the warning?

Is that what you’re saying?
No, not at all. Was making the point that posts on nsc have been followed up previously. Was not meant to infer any knowledge at all of the person that was banned. Just making the point that such risks of posting on nsc aren't at all new.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like [MENTION=14669]LlcoolJ[/MENTION] my mind went instantly to the Bong incident.

As an aside and in no way connected to this, because we just don't know what was written and where.

At the weekend Frank Bruno - yes Frank Bruno, highlighted tweets made to him of a primate nature also mentioning his mental health.

I have no idea anymore than I could understand people trying to get at Rees Mogg via his children, which I saw on the news last night. There are some right fecked up people out there

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Must confess that I am now really intrigued as to what was written

I'm guessing that if you ever saw it, you'd wonder what all the fuss was about, you'd then consider the tweet as an act of crass stupidity, then arrive at the fact that the punishment was probably about right. It's actually only 5 games isn't it?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Someon sent an offensive post to the clubs?!

Deserves a 5-game ban for moronic behaviour, leaving aside any offensiveness. Did they say in mitigation that their phone had been stolen by Wayne Hennessey by any chance?

*spits tea out*

D

Deleted member 2719

Sounds unbelievably over the top.

Some of you guys have taken the p#$$ out of my rants in the past.

But make NO mistake you are all just puppets and the puppet master has you doing their jig.

You can put up with in until it effects you or, protest or vote with your feet.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

So that others were aware of what had been wriiten to you?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Any business can choose who it does and doesn't serve.

The Albion are exercising their right in this regard in relation to something someone has said/typed.

Wasn't there a cake maker who got prosecuted because they chose not to make a wedding cake for a gay couple...bringing into question the opportunity for a business to refuse a product or service based on anyone's sexual preferences et al

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here