Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast

Albion fan issued with five game ban after social media post

0 Not allowed!
    Brighton & Hove Albion have issued a five-match ban to a supporter, in light of offensive comments made on social media on Monday evening, deliberately designed to cause offence.

A number of complaints were made directly to the club, after the individual posted deliberately offensive comments online following the FA Cup fourth round draw.

Following an investigation by the club, the individual concerned had already withdrawn the comments and has now apologised for the offensive caused; they have also been warned to expect a more severe punishment should they breach club rules in future.

Source >>> https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...ub-statement2/

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Super Moderator

0 Not allowed!
      Crikey... obviously tricky to discuss this without falling foul of the authorities, but any idea who said what where and about who?
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Crikey... obviously tricky to discuss this without falling foul of the authorities, but any idea who said what where and about who?
      Easy enough to hazard a guess seeing as it was "following the FA Cup fourth round draw".
      Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      Interesting (and I'm speculating here) that there's no mention of police involvement so the tweet(s) don't fall foul of harassment/hate laws. Does this mean the club are putting themselves in some higher moral position ?
      "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      Easy enough to hazard a guess seeing as it was "following the FA Cup fourth round draw".
      Be honest if they also post here it wouldn't be too difficult to work out the 'who' aspect as well.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

Super Moderator

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      Be honest if they also post here it wouldn't be too difficult to work out the 'who' aspect as well.
      How long until the hilarious Ernest thread?
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

13 Not allowed!
      While I realise the club have the right to stop anyone they like going to a match for any reason, or even no reason, and I can guess as to the subject matter of the comments, since when has it been a football clubs job to police social media of private individuals ?
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

43 Not allowed!
      This stuff really sits uncomfortably with me. You wouldn't get banned from a theatre, cinema or Sainsbury's for saying something bad online. I find it all a bit odd.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      While I realise the club have the right to stop anyone they like going to a match for any reason, or even no reason, and I can guess as to the subject matter of the comments, since when has it been a football clubs job to police social media of private individuals ?
      How can the club hope to take the moral high ground if it turns a blind eye to "offensive comments" made in it's name.

I'd bet a full pound, anyone getting pissy knickers over this would instantly backtrack if the actual post(s) came to light.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      “A number of complaints...” made directly to the club. So at least 2, then. Say they came from the target of any offensive comment and from WBA. The Albion have to respond, don’t they?

Now - if the Albion are randomly trawling Twitter (say) looking for offensive tweets under the #BHAFC tag, that’s an entirely different matter.
      6EQUJ5 2A