Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fan issued with five game ban after social media post

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hmm. How about if instead of saying it to his neighbour, he used his mobile phone to call the Chairman of the club that said dead footballer used to play for and says the same thing. Then called the Chairman of the FA Cup (yes, I know there’s no such post!) to tell him that he’d done so. Finally, he then calls TB to tell him what he’s just done?

TB just tuts, right?

No of course not. But I was responding to some whataboutery regarding if it had been shouted out in the ground- not conference called to the three big cheeses. That said I don’t think TB actually reads every tweet @-ed to our official twitter. He’s probably got a minion for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I see a new game has started on Twitter................. Let's find a West Brom fan who has tweeted something daft and try and get them banned.

Where will this all end?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I would like to take this opportunity to say that I think the marketing department of our glorious club are fantastic and totally on the ball. I love the way the glorious leader is running the club on behalf of our benefactor and I am honoured to be called a customer.

I agree wholeheartedly with the idea that we shouldn't bring in flasks, bottles or concealed hip flasks. In fact I would go further and suggest no one is allowed to bring anything in to the ground at all and recommend as we have a captive audience, all food and drink prices be increased 5000 fold.

I would ban cameras and mobile phones in the stadium and all swearing and cussing!

Make it so Mr Glorious Leader.
Big Barber!

I think the creeping incrementalism on not bringing various drink and foodstuffs into the ground is significant though. It is standard in MLB baseball for no food or drink to be allowed in, and those games last 3 hours, often in very hot weather. Food and craft beer options are often brilliant but expensive (eg $10 a pint) and regular partaking could be contributory to heart attack and/or diabetes!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
People did get banned by the aforementioned dirty duo.

Yes I know. What I was intimating is that sitting back all nice and cozy and letting the club do what they want/how they want and finding reasons why it is all OK can develop into the mess that we once had. I don't believe for a minute that Tony will suddenly turn and start ripping the heart out of the club (as for others....) but sitting back and excusing what seems to be ridiculous behaviour because we all feel so comfortable with the ownership isn't right.

Perhaps this is what people call progress and success - whilst I love the success on the field the direction the club is taking culturally leaves me a little cold to be honest. Particularly the recent communications.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes I know. What I was intimating is that sitting back all nice and cozy and letting the club do what they want/how they want and finding reasons why it is all OK can develop into the mess that we once had. I don't believe for a minute that Tony will suddenly turn and start ripping the heart out of the club (as for others....) but sitting back and excusing what seems to be ridiculous behaviour because we all feel so comfortable with the ownership isn't right.

Perhaps this is what people call progress and success - whilst I love the success on the field the direction the club is taking culturally leaves me a little cold to be honest. Particularly the recent communications.

I agree it is very headmasterish. I can see why the club has done what they've done, but the way they've done it, leaves a lot to be desired.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Spot on. I’ve seen literally dozens of tweets about Knockaert’s dad which I would view as more distasteful than this.

That said my concern is a wider one. Is this now a level that has beeen set. If so who is the judge as to how that line is crossed?

It seems incredibly disproportionate to ban for this when others have been ignored not least the West Brom fans that abused Bong.

Was anything actually done against any Burnley fans by the way when they abused Bong?

I can’t see all this ending well really. The club have created a rod for their own back.

Bias aside, the fact that they’ve done something about it is why I hold BHA in much higher regard than clubs like Burnley. We don’t have to lower ourselves to their level.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
While I realise the club have the right to stop anyone they like going to a match for any reason, or even no reason, and I can guess as to the subject matter of the comments, since when has it been a football clubs job to police social media of private individuals ?

Made aware of a long term fan recently that has been banned after he mentioned on social media he had given his ticket to a mate whilst on holiday.
Big Brother is watching

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Made aware of a long term fan recently that has been banned after he mentioned on social media he had given his ticket to a mate whilst on holiday.
Big Brother is watching

:facepalm:

Should have been banned for being a fudging idiot.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Big Brother is watching

Stat Brother may well be right, but what the heck? The club has rules but there was always a tacit understanding that this went on. I am certain much of the world is mad and Brighton are just whole-heartedly joining in.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Stat Brother may well be right, but what the heck? The club has rules but there was always a tacit understanding that this went on. I am certain much of the world is mad and Brighton are just whole-heartedly joining in.

Technically in the wrong yes but WTF. The bloke has been a regular for over 40 years.
Quite clear now(even though it prob was previously) if you dont go one week and give your season ticket to a friend or family member dont tell a soul and certainly dont mention it or let others mention it on social media.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Pastas mate probably goes down the Harbour View, drinks 10 pints then before nipping off for a slash posts on social media:-

Great night, @HVPSlade, had 10 pints about to drive home #SussexPolice.

But says he's hard done by when done for drink driving.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pastas mate probably goes down the Harbour View, drinks 10 pints then before nipping off for a slash posts on social media:-

Great night, @HVPSlade, had 10 pints about to drive home #SussexPolice.

But says he's hard done by when done for drink driving.

You are probably over reaching a bit here :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Technically in the wrong yes but WTF. The bloke has been a regular for over 40 years.
Quite clear now(even though it prob was previously) if you dont go one week and give your season ticket to a friend or family member dont tell a soul and certainly dont mention it or let others mention it on social media.

Bit like being nearly pregnant.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Having seen the tweet it's stupid rather than "scream for a policeman" but I understand given the tweeter having @ both clubs where the ban came from even if I think it is a bit stiff. A warning would have sufficed and would have been enough to make the penny drop.

That said, the ban for this lad, no bottle tops - including the mail in the style of a headmistress from the club - as well as flaskgate in quick succession is all a bit Keith Lard from Phoenix nights to me. It's chipping away at the loyalty of the fan base and goes towards sanitising the atmosphere which we all complain about sometimes. I'm not suggesting we let knobbish behaviour go unchecked but let's not get to the point we've banned everything to the point it's like a morgue.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

The club definitely turn a blind eye to STHs lending their season tickets to mates or family every now and then; what they do frown on is people selling them on via social media. I have a suspicion that this may be a case of there being more than one side to the story.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've never known anybody give their Season Ticket to a Friend or Family Member, and I've certainly never seen it done. In fact, it's just not a 'thing' at BHAFC. It never has been and never will be, so you can just read on and forget about this Mr Barber. Nothing to see here. Go on. Off you go. Bye. Thanks. Yes. Go on. Thanks. Bye.

Has he gone yet?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Having seen the tweet it's stupid rather than "scream for a policeman" but I understand given the tweeter having @ both clubs where the ban came from even if I think it is a bit stiff. A warning would have sufficed and would have been enough to make the penny drop.

That said, the ban for this lad, no bottle tops - including the mail in the style of a headmistress from the club - as well as flaskgate in quick succession is all a bit Keith Lard from Phoenix nights to me. It's chipping away at the loyalty of the fan base and goes towards sanitising the atmosphere which we all complain about sometimes. I'm not suggesting we let knobbish behaviour go unchecked but let's not get to the point we've banned everything to the point it's like a morgue.
Totally agree

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here