Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion only

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Been heading that way the past 5 years or so. Used to watch premier league when we weren't it, England games and other internationals. I loved the 2018 WC obviously but didn't even think about it until it kicked off. In the past I'd be like a kid at Christmas.

Football just doesn't seem as important as I get older. Still love the game mind, but happy to keep it to the good ship Albion.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Really can't be bothered with any other football as it leaves me cold. Looking at stuff relating to The Albion has me up at six, all warm and fuzzy!

Maybe just fuzzy cos I really don't know what I'm doing up this early.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I always check on all the scores, as we expats rib each other over them later.
Supporters from all over the UK in my local, quite an array of shirts on display when watching the world cup down there.
I check on how ex players and loanees are getting on and always look out for UK teams in Europe.
I keep an eye on Perth Glory now the A League has started and go to some home games, top of the league at the moment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like always I have an interest in the other teams in the same division as the Albion. Being in the Premier League and the fact that most games are available on a stream I am actually watching more football than I have for years. I’d only ever go to a live Albion game though.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I used to keep an eye on the Championship because you never know. Who will we be playing next year? The Championship seems like a long time ago now.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I generally couldn’t care less about football apart from the Albion, I take a lot more notice of the Premier League results now that we’re in it, but other than the Albion........nah !
I’ve always played rugby alongside watching the Albion and these days I pay a lot more interest in grass roots rugby than I do professional football

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I always check on all the scores, as we expats rib each other over them later.
Supporters from all over the UK in my local, quite an array of shirts on display when watching the world cup down there.

Absolutely this.

I regularly watch the Premier games live with other expats who follow a multitude of other teams.

As well as old-time supporters of City and United (both Mancunians), there's Newcastle, Leicester and Burnley amongst others.

All genuine supporters who love their clubs just as much as I love mine, and who've become mates over the seasons.

It's refreshing to watch Albion games with them as some impartial, objective views help to remove the blue and white tinted glasses.

And to a man, they've all got a lot of respect for Hughton and what he's done and still doing with the Albion.

The love of the game can transcend everything, even geographical differences and parochial rivalries.

Falmerfourtickets

Dec 14, 2010
I used to keep an eye on the Championship because you never know. Who will we be playing next year? The Championship seems like a long time ago now.
After we drew with Liverpool in 1991, I got a taxi back to Lime Street. The Evertonian cabbie asked if the Albion were in Division 2 or 3? I was a bit disappointed he didn’t know that. Today I struggle (without looking it up) to know if Bolton or Burton are in the Champoinship or League 1.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Passing interest in the state of the table but only in how it impacts us, current format, likely final position etc. Occasionally place an acca on weekend results.
Have in-law family supporting a variety of teams so vaguely up on Championship positions too.

But anything non Albion or non family... nah. Will pass thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been like that for 15+ years, I really don't like football.

Because of my late later, then a succession of various Albion (or football) supporting friends the Albion is the longest relationship I've ever had, 40 years and counting.

I can't imagine life without Brighton & Hove Albion.

Yet I hope for the day we don't live on Planet Football, where stories like a tit acting like a tit in an apartheid era photo become news.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
7 years of watching football live from a decent seat has ruined televised football for me. I'm watching spaces and runs away from the ball most of the game and having my focus forced onto the ball carrier is too jarring.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
7 years of watching football live from a decent seat has ruined televised football for me. I'm watching spaces and runs away from the ball most of the game and having my focus forced onto the ball carrier is too jarring.

Take your point about live games but I do enjoy a televised game.

I watched a stream of the Bournemouth game with commentary that switched to Arabic so I looked for an alternative and found a stream with no commentary, just the crowd and players shouting. Have to say it was really weird watching football on a screen without commentary. It just seemed wrong but was so much more enjoyable to be able to watch without over excited commentary and irritating bias towards the other team, whilst being able to hear the atmosphere :smile:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I've been like that for 15+ years, I really don't like football.

Because of my late later, then a succession of various Albion (or football) supporting friends the Albion is the longest relationship I've ever had, 40 years and counting.

I can't imagine life without Brighton & Hove Albion.

Yet I hope for the day we don't live on Planet Football, where stories like a tit acting like a tit in an apartheid era photo become news.

You mean you can't imagine life without NSC ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mainly Albion, although I go and watch my sons matches and enjoy palace losing. I’m not far from Cardiff so I sometimes go and see Wales scuff the ball about during those bleak international breaks.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Love football. Love Albion.

I think money has spoiled it a bit but I really enjoyed the Man City Liverpool game last week. 2 top teams going at it hammer and tongs. Also really enjoyed the Newport Leicester game.

Also enjoy trips to the Nye Camp.

So yes, football does have more interest and meaning for me than just following the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Always check scores of teams that friends support as it prompts interesting debates, sadly most people i know don't support the Albion especially as no longer reside in Sussex

One thing for sure is the appearance of an Albion shirt regularly prompts conversation these days.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We'll be playing one of them very soon

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here