Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Alexander Sorloth leaves crystal palace for KAA Gent loan deal

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All but 24hrs later and not a single palace 'contributor' on this thread.

What an early Christmas present the team gave us.

Many thanks.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Sørloth came on against us, didn't he?

In the few times I've seen him play, I recall thinking he was one of the worst footballers I've ever seen in the Premier League. I imagine the notion of signing him would insult a fair few Championship sides too. He is utterly DISMAL.

I had assumed Palace picked him up on a free, or for some sort of bargain price from the Danish League, but learned last week that they shelled out £9 million for him. This is amazing and also hilarious.

Total and utter carthorse in the Billy Paynter mould. What possessed their scouts to recommend him?

Something to do with Ian Moody....

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I know fans can be fickle but they are on another level on that board.

I would say Bipolar but that's unfair on people with Bipolar.

There are a few reasonable types, but then you see some desperately trying to believe their own propaganda by insisting that Dibley is 'world class'.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8731315 said:
As amusing as it is laughing at Palace his record isn't that different to Locadia's plus he's younger and cost less.

Yes, I know Big Jurg has been doing the business the last few weeks, but still. Perhaps next season Sorloth will come good for those up the road.

That was my first thought too. According to Wiki, Big Jurg has 21 appearances for his three goals, five more than Sorloth has made in a similar period of time. I know that the noise from people wanting/expecting Jurg to leave was getting noisier before his form improved and the goals started coming, so you're right – he too could've been on his way.

The pages also state that BJ's fee was an initial £10m, so not that much more than Palace paid :shrug:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
That was my first thought too. According to Wiki, Big Jurg has 21 appearances for his three goals, five more than Sorloth has made in a similar period of time. I know that the noise from people wanting/expecting Jurg to leave was getting noisier before his form improved and the goals started coming, so you're right – he too could've been on his way.

The pages also state that BJ's fee was an initial £10m, so not that much more than Palace paid :shrug:

At the very least, we can both agree that neither of them are fit to polish Greg Bobkin's mighty boots! :dunce:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here