Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protection for MP,s

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I believe with all the shit that’s going on, the man on the street (or woman) and not the thinking types on NSC, if there was a second referendum the majority to leave would be bigger!

The simple truth is now people, and probably not just leave voters no longer trust politicians to carry out their will.

Clearly politicians have always lied to suit their needs, but I think your average Joe has probably now had enough!

I agree with your post but I think there's more to it than the lies. Voters are fed up with the sneering arrogance of the ruling elite - the we know better than you attitude. You only need to watch Question Time to see their attitudes - their determination to never answer the question put and to always put party before electorate or country.Therefore people have started to vote for options, or take actions, they believe will give this sneering bunch of tossers a smack - Brexit, Trump, AfD in Germany, the new Italian governmnt and the protests in France. Politicians ( of all parties ) have created this atmosphere yet now they complain when they don't get the respect they think they deserve. Don't get me wrong, the treatment being shown the last few days is wrong but I understand why it's happened - and as it happens Soubry is the embodiment of the sneering arrogance I've mentioned.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Agree with you Clapham. Oddballs taking advantage. Sadly I can see public disorder whatever the outcome

If the referendum is overturned I think it is quite likely. The worrying part for the government is that unlike the Poll Tax riots, which were aimed just at the government, is that this will set one half of the population against the other, grandfather against grandson, worker v employer, liberal versus traditional. Worrying times for the UK.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I agree with your post but I think there's more to it than the lies. Voters are fed up with the sneering arrogance of the ruling elite - the we know better than you attitude. You only need to watch Question Time to see their attitudes - their determination to never answer the question put and to always put party before electorate or country.Therefore people have started to vote for options, or take actions, they believe will give this sneering bunch of tossers a smack - Brexit, Trump, AfD in Germany, the new Italian governmnt and the protests in France. Politicians ( of all parties ) have created this atmosphere yet now they complain when they don't get the respect they think they deserve. Don't get me wrong, the treatment being shown the last few days is wrong but I understand why it's happened - and as it happens Soubry is the embodiment of the sneering arrogance I've mentioned.

Could not have put it any better, well said...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If the referendum is overturned I think it is quite likely. The worrying part for the government is that unlike the Poll Tax riots, which were aimed just at the government, is that this will set one half of the population against the other, grandfather against grandson, worker v employer, liberal versus traditional. Worrying times for the UK.

Its a major decision, if parliament can't decide it needs to be ratified by the public. Remain or No Deal, that's the true choice we face

Australia had a vote on becoming a Republic 20 years ago, they were sensible enough for it to require a super majority for it to pass

Such common sense did not exist in the UK due to Cameron's arrogance..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its a major decision, if parliament can't decide it needs to be ratified by the public. Remain or No Deal, that's the true choice we face

Australia had a vote on becoming a Republic 20 years ago, they were sensible enough for it to require a super majority for it to pass

Such common sense did not exist in the UK due to Cameron's arrogance..

This sums it all up.

By the way, if we do go mad and do a hard brexit, I will shrug my shoulders sadly and get on with it. I contrast this with the apparant acceptance as inevitable of unspoken disorder (which I suspect means burning down the pakistani news agents, or smashing up the Polish food section in Tescos, and abusing and assaulting foreigners in the street) if Brexit is binned. It is not liberal democrats of soft lefties who are clamouring for disorder. It is right winger thickies. Fact. I don't mean all right wingers are thick, and all thickies are right wing, by the way. Nor do I claim no left wingers are up for violence and public outrage (some are, but not generally about Brexit - look up Class War). I can draw a Venn diagram for anyone I have Outraged. I wouldn't wish to cause any more needless offence. :shrug:

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I believe with all the shit that’s going on, the man on the street (or woman) and not the thinking types on NSC, if there was a second referendum the majority to leave would be bigger!

The simple truth is now people, and probably not just leave voters no longer trust politicians to carry out their will.

Clearly politicians have always lied to suit their needs, but I think your average Joe has probably now had enough!

I don't get involved with the Brexit debate but we really need a change, politicians from all parties have lost respect from the majority of voters and if there was an election tomorrow I don't think I would vote for any of them.

With two small children starting school the thing that did it for me was all the politicians last year telling us that more money was being put into schools than ever before when it is quite obvious to everyone that this was not the case, it turned out that they were including university fees paid by parents amongst the figures.

If they manipulated the figures for education was else have they done, I think the public could handle bad news delivered truthfully rather than the constant lies, twisting of figures and refusal to answer questions.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
37% of the British people voted to Leave in June 2016 (many of them on the basis of lies, and illegal spending by the Leave campaign).

It is you Brextremists - or FuQuitters - who have a weird understanding of democracy.

If you do not vote, you are not entitled to an opinion.

52% of those who could be bothered to vote, voted leave. So we have leave.

If you think we should remain, when remain had fewer votes than leave, it is you who have a very weird understanding of democracy.

Lets not talk about lies, when the Government sent a pro-EU leaflet to every UK address, and the then chancellor told everyone we would go into a recession if we voted leave. That's the problem with you remainers. You can't see both sides of the story. You acuse the leave campagin of something, yet conveniently overlook what the remainers got up to.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Well that was a quick bit of negotiation and writing of contracts. It was only 9 working days ago that you told us that you had no worries about your $1M pa worth of imports with no mention of re-sourcing them. Lucky no-one takes Xmas off in your industry :shrug:

(Didn't bother reading the rest but I'm guessing it's more 'they need us more than we need them' stuff)

Off course you don't bother reading the rest. All you want to do is tell everyone how wrong they are and how you know everything about everything. When someone makes a valid point you ignore it.

Obviously you don't believe I import. Not going to prove that to you. Why should I, but the bottom line is where we used to import direct, the company whose goods we sell, have now started using their old UK distribution centre again for the goods we need, which takes away the need to import. Contracts were signed in September, UK trade starts this month. Sure they import the stuff we buy from them, and I have no idea of what the taxes will be, and nor do I care, because I don't believe for one second anything will chance on 30th March, whether we have a deal or not. I am sorry if I didn't open out my business plans to you previously, but what the **** as it got to do with you?

I know you have read the rest, but you won't answer it, because deep down you KNOW I am right.

But that doesn't fit in with your know all persona, when the truth is, as explain in the post you claimed not to read, at the moment no one really knows exactly what is going to happen at the end of March...... expect you of course!!!! I for one am confident, like the aviation industry, its in no ones interests to slap huge import tariffs on us if we leave without a deal, so they won't, just like it was in no ones interests to ground all our planes, which was touted by remainers (remainers would call it lies if it was a brexit claim) and I am just as confident trade will continue as it is now for a limit time in order for us to put our own deals in place, just as aviation will continue for a limit times under the EU laws, whilst we put our own deals in place.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
It’s against everyone’s interests to leave the EU but we seem to be going ahead with that.

Why? There are many who would argue the EU is a failing experiment, and we will thrive outside it. The EU's main concern if we leave, is others will follow us out the door. It's against the EU interest if we leave, but not ours IMO.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This sums it all up.

By the way, if we do go mad and do a hard brexit, I will shrug my shoulders sadly and get on with it. I contrast this with the apparant acceptance as inevitable of unspoken disorder (which I suspect means burning down the pakistani news agents, or smashing up the Polish food section in Tescos, and abusing and assaulting foreigners in the street) if Brexit is binned. It is not liberal democrats of soft lefties who are clamouring for disorder. It is right winger thickies. Fact. I don't mean all right wingers are thick, and all thickies are right wing, by the way. Nor do I claim no left wingers are up for violence and public outrage (some are, but not generally about Brexit - look up Class War). I can draw a Venn diagram for anyone I have Outraged. I wouldn't wish to cause any more needless offence. :shrug:

The threats of disorder in the event of no deal are over played. Right now we have a handful of tw*ts making headlines for shouting abuse and yes it will get worse

There may be aggro if Brexit was overturned but we cannot be held to ransom but these threats, those who break the law will be dealt with.

No deal and its consequences presents a far bigger long term risk to the nations stability, it will be like the GFC++, the UK is in fit state to take it, the credit card is already max'd out

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Come on Mods...this really should be on the Brexit thread ..its nothing to do with protection for mp's

There's is a lot of discussion about MPs on this thread. Why plead for it to be merged.

There are nearly 75,000 threads on this forum. Why does this one seem to offend you so much???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There's is a lot of discussion about MPs on this thread. Why plead for it to be merged.

There are nearly 75,000 threads on this forum. Why does this one seem to offend you so much???

Who said it was offending me? It could have turned into an interesting debate about ''free speech'' etc..instead its just going over the same old ground of peoples intransigent views on Brexit.....of course it does give you an opportunity you don't currently have on the Brexit thread :D

On the other hand some of the posts this morning by other posters have put across some interesting and less aggressive views

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The threats of disorder in the event of no deal are over played. Right now we have a handful of tw*ts making headlines for shouting abuse and yes it will get worse

There may be aggro if Brexit was overturned but we cannot be held to ransom but these threats, those who break the law will be dealt with.

No deal and its consequences presents a far bigger long term risk to the nations stability, it will be like the GFC++, the UK is in fit state to take it, the credit card is already max'd out

I agree. I remember stories about a fifth column of right wingers in the secret services in the 70s, plotting to overthrow the labour government. Peter Wright mentions it in 'Spycatcher'. A small group od fantasists. Who would have known? ??? :shrug:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It does seem to be the case that for some a no deal Brexit represents more than just leaving the EU, and conflated with this is a whole load of other luggage. For balance I guess the same can be equally applied to some who want to remain in the EU.

However I think the difference is that a no deal Brexit is in reality a fantasy, idolised and almost a deity, and if that fantasy becomes less likely, or your deity demonstrated to be false, then people become violent to others. It’s almost cultish.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hold on a minute ..... what was it you posted on another thread when someone suggested just crossing the street to avoid a confrontation ? Ah yes, victim blaming. Incredible hypocracy from you there TB. The simple fact of the matter is that Soubry didn't deserve the abuse she got BUT neither did JRM or his children. Farage didn't deserve the abuse he got out on the election trail (there was even an NSC poster who revelled in having an avatar of Farage and his near death experience). I haven't noticed you condemn the abuse of leave politicians.

The victims were JRM's four children as the activist from Class War was shouting at them about their Daddy being a horrible person and the nanny's wage. I don't condone it at all but it wasn't a Brexit protest, not that it makes it any better.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-video-nanny-ian-bone-class-war-a8534341.html

Btw I want to correct my earlier post because I typed Peter Bone instead of Ian Bone. My plea is that I was very tired last night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Come on Mods...this really should be on the Brexit thread ..its nothing to do with protection for mp's

I agree. Mention a couple of mods in a post and I’m sure they will merge it. It’s a shame that this has happened yet again as the original premise of the thread was interesting and distinct from Brexit. But yet again it’s been derailed and used as a Brexit vehicle for those who are banned from the main thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I know this isn’t aimed at me, but people like you have derailed an interesting discussion about free speech to serve your own Brexit needs. If you promise to shut up about Brexit maybe folk will be happy to continue as a separate thread?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Btw I want to correct my earlier post because I typed Peter Bone instead of Ian Bone. My plea is that I was very tired last night.[/QUOTE]

e e e e e e e e ar or c wb bone Peter would both have worked. backwards tpx for you old bird :kiss:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Any evidence or actual examples, or are you just repeating the crap published daily in lying Right-wing rags like The Sun and the Express.

Blaming poverty on immigrants is always the Right's tactic to promote divide-and-rule among the population, and divert attention from the fact that many employers and companies paying poverty wages pay their CEOs and shareholders £millions each year.

Looks like you've fallen for this age-old trick hook, line and sinker.

Blame crap wages on bosses, not the immigrants.

yes quite old boy ....my point was while we have home grown charity cases living on the street ...ie. mentally ill , ex-services , divorced men who have been well and proper shafted .....i really don't see why or how we can afford asylum seekers such lavish entertainment as is the case currently......old boy ...!! you won't find me falling for any right wing propaganda old bean .....seen enough of the world to call it as it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here