• Trevor & Simon

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Other/Ruel Fox

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters

Jul 7, 2003
Shall l kick off?

Hale and Pace anyone?

Hale & Pace were quite a lot more cutting edge than they get credit for these days. They did a lot of stuff on prime time TV which stepped over previous boundaries. People also forget that they were from the same comedy clubs as Harry Enfield and co but were the first to get a mainstream TV series.

Saw them live at the Worthing Pavilion when they were getting well know and it was a very well crafted show. Got to meet them in a local pub before the gig where they were enjoying a pre-show drink.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Does anyone remember when Hale & Pace had a huge number 1 hit with the stonk???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I cannot BELIEVE Les Dennis and Dustin Gee haven't even been mentioned on this thread.

What has become of us ?

I was thinking the same, Easy. Genuinely gobsmacked at Crodo omitting this pair. What even IS comedy without Les's incredible and Mavis from Coronation Street impression?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I was thinking the same, Easy. Genuinely gobsmacked at Crodo omitting this pair. What even IS comedy without Les's incredible and Mavis from Coronation Street impression?

I am privileged to say I saw them live at the North Pier in Blackpool on a piss up trip after I’d done my A Levels. And yes, they did the Mavis and Vera double act.

They were supported by Vince Hill. A truly amazing evening I’ve never forgotten....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

[YT]_6oPW_emIC8[/YT]

:lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone know what happened to Purple Ronnie?

???

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A Saturday tea-time TREAT for fans of 80s comedy.

Join comedy impressionists Les Dennis and Dustin Gee for the pilot of ‘The Laughter Show’ with special guests Roy Jay, Caroline Dennis, Hale and Pace and Matvienko.

Don't think this was ever broadcast...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
At the time I liked Hale and Pace. They are of course, terrible.

Smith and Jones are the only vaguely funny people on that list.

So I voted Hale and Pace because I liked them at the time. I wouldn’t give them the time of day now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hale and Pace were of course crap. Apart from of course that sketch where they're staying as guests of a Swedish family. Generous hosts: "Please. Take the Volvo. You can crash it. It's perfectly safe"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here