Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for another Fans United?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
First flasks now bottle tops.....when will the madness stop?!?

Is it time to get the wider football community to help during these current dark dark times??

Bottle tops United...we'll never be defeated!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Is it time to get the wider football community to help during these current dark dark times??

Let us not forget Barber chopped the hostesses and stopped the free tea in 1901 first. He ignored my request for a coat rail as well. If you tolerate this.....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Let us not forget Barber chopped the hostesses and stopped the free tea in 1901 first. He ignored my request for a coat rail as well. If you tolerate this.....

And banned gullys girls are we were all leering perverts seemly!

I yearn for withdean.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My marching days are over sadly , but i'm available for book signings and down with that sort of thing silent protests on nice sunny days , there's a lot more going on in the world to protest that's fooked up than some lotpot at the Amex office of dimwittery coming up with whitehouseonian ban everything campaigns designed to pigeon hole all football fans alike to worry about , think about that poor Snow Leopard that's been on the brink of extinction for the past 25 years for one .

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Buy one of these from the club shop and take it in with you. When you get home, wash it and bring it to the next game.

500ml_300x300_c.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really, just take the caps off outside the ground, put them in your coat pocket and then put them back on after the turnstile.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Really, just take the caps off outside the ground, put them in your coat pocket and then put them back on after the turnstile.

That will get you in front of the Barber run SS firing squad before you know it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The alternative is set aside £28.30 a season to buy 1 bottle of water per match

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
First, they came for the flasks,and I did not speak out, because I wasn’t a flask,
Then,they came for the bottle tops, and I did not speak out, because I was not a bottle top etc etc

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Get the intended irony but I am surprising myself over how much I agree with the sense of anger on the bottle top thread. Sporting venues (from Twickenham to the Amex) are looking to extract as much money from their 'customers' as humanly possible which may be fair enough from a 'we are a business perspective' but constantly takes advantage of the fact that, to the fan, their club/sport is so much more. Ticket prices that mean many simply cant afford to watch live sport is bad enough but the continuous quest to hit the fans harder in the pocket eventually hits a tipping point. Perhaps this seemingly minor bottle top issue is it.

Combine this with the fact that the average football fan is continuously being treated with a level of contempt and mistrust (not being trusted with a bottle of water - really??!!) by clubs (BHA are no better or worse than others) and the Police, perhaps it is time for some form of fans united whereby all normal sports fans say 'enough is enough'.

Won't happen though because we are too loyal to our clubs which takes us back to square one - we are there to be abused.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The alternative is set aside £28.30 a season to buy 1 bottle of water per match
How on Earth is that an alternative? We can bring bottles into the stadium without a bottle top. We can buy bottles in the stadium without a bottle top. That's the same thing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How on Earth is that an alternative? We can bring bottles into the stadium without a bottle top. We can buy bottles in the stadium without a bottle top. That's the same thing.

What’s the problem then? Carry in your own bottles without tops on

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What’s the problem then? Carry in your own bottles without tops on
If you had read this and other threads on the subject you will know that most people don't want to drink the water in one go and that it would be knocked over at some point, apart from being unhygienic, if left without it's top on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here