Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea Tickets

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As a loyal home and away fan I've got 395 STH (previously loyalty points). This puts me top of the list and always in on the first day to buy any away tickets.
So why are the only tickets for Chelsea in the corner?
Checking the Chelsea site it shows that only 1500 tickets are for sale. Are Brighton not expecting to sell out this game?
So do I buy now and get a bad seat or wait and hope the better seats come on sale?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Well, this is a well trodden road.

I'm not sure why they do it. It makes sense for Northern games now as we are not selling out but Chelsea away is a shoe in to sell out so it doesn't make any sense, other than Chelsea may insist that we have to do it this way?

However I'd argue the corner seats are no worse view than behind the goal and if you get one of the ones a bit further back are actually better. Where ever you stand in that away end it's a pretty dire experience to be honest so I've just gone ahead and purchased in the corner as otherwise I might forget to do it.

theboybilly

I got in early and bought a front row seat in the upper tier. It's not the worst away end but it isn't anywhere near the best either. I couldn't take a chance on ending up somewhere near the back of the lower sections - I would imagine the upper tier restricts much of the view

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was in the corner last year. View was not bad, just the principle of loyal fans getting the worst seats.
I do remember it is a rabbit warren of mazes to get to the bar.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I see its buses between Brighton and Three Bridges that day. On top of not knowing when it will be played! They never said it would be easy being in the PL!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I got in early and bought a front row seat in the upper tier. It's not the worst away end but it isn't anywhere near the best either. I couldn't take a chance on ending up somewhere near the back of the lower sections - I would imagine the upper tier restricts much of the view

You’d be correct.

a806b4e4996f4bee8a7845ddec3e3ceb.jpg

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I am sure it’s been
Mentioned before, but is there a refund available if match is moved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will have to gamble on this one, current KO no good but if changes may have to keep checking the ticket website

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I am sure it’s been

Normally, no - see the note on the ticket website about the Leicester match.

I have the opposite problem - currently I can’t go to Chelsea because it clashes with the Brighton Half Marathon, but if they move it to another date I can go. But by the time they decide on moving it it’ll probably be sold out.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is this person standing up?

I took the photo.

Yes, I was standing up.

It is an away game. Everybody stands up.

Thankfully, we got the stewards to do their job and move those who insist on standing in aisles so that the back few rows could sit down and still see. This made the view bearable:

a99df5d264db4b78db8714ed10d8201f.jpg

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I am sure it’s been

Great question and one that has been asked by a lot of fans in tweets to the club. So far no response which I think is really poor by the club.
I have noticed on the ticket website that for Leicester there will be no refund in the event of a day change whereas for Chelsea it does not mention this. That is not the same though as explicitly offering refunds. As things stand I can go now but I can't make a potential re-arranged game in London on a weekday. I do not want to pay 30 quid and not turn up.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Surely tickets for the Chelsea and Leicester games shouldn't have gone on sale till after the semi final had been decided.
Dates then confirmed, plenty of time to post tickets out and fans will know if they can attend or not.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Surely tickets for the Chelsea and Leicester games shouldn't have gone on sale till after the semi final had been decided.
Dates then confirmed, plenty of time to post tickets out and fans will know if they can attend or not.

Please don’t bring wise logic on to this forum!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here