Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we really have to take this Orwellian s**t from our club ? remember we are the customer

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why not, if this is the stance the club has taken then at least you cannot say there is no warning?

Maybe its the northerner in me but I would rather be told straight than it be hidden somewhere and becoming foul of it

I don't need a warning I know the rules. The fact that a few ignore them doesn't mean we all get hauled into the assembly hall to be ticked off by the headmaster.

Imagine if a supermarket dealt with shoplifters by emailing all their loyalty card customers ? I don't get emails from London Underground warning me what happens if I abuse a member of their staff.

Club needs to enter the modern world with it's comms. It's difficult I understand and only meant as constructive criticism.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Do what you are told and abide by our rules, or don't bother coming back.

Seems a fair point to me. It's their club/company after all, not ours.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The only other option is to not go and watch anymore. Not that they will give two shits, they have millions upon millions with or without you.
Welcome to the Premier league!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Do what you are told and abide by our rules, or don't bother coming back.

Seems a fair point to me. It's their club/company after all, not ours.

They might have a different tone if/when the inevitable relegation happens, the law of averages say we will be one day. When there is no waiting list and magically the less then loyal find other things they need to do on a Saturday.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I for one will be ordering my usual bottle of diet coke for halftime prior to kick off.
If the concession staff remove the top I will tell them I no longer want it.
If you buy a bottle later and you don't hear the little clicky noise when they open it for you, I suggest you refuse to take it on the grounds that it may have been opened hours ago and be flat by now.
Then when they open a new one for you and take the top off, follow my example and refuse it on the grounds that you wanted the top left on until you wanted to take it off yourself, thereby retaining it's freshness.
When they end up throwing several dozen bottles of £2.20 unfizzy pop away each home game you might just see a change of heart.

Let's see how they like them eggs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I for one will be ordering my usual bottle of diet coke for halftime prior to kick off.
If the concession staff remove the top I will tell them I no longer want it.
If you buy a bottle later and you don't hear the little clicky noise when they open it for you, I suggest you refuse to take it on the grounds that it may have been opened hours ago and be flat by now.
Then when they open a new one for you and take the top off, follow my example and refuse it on the grounds that you wanted the top left on until you wanted to take it off yourself, thereby retaining it's freshness.
When they end up throwing several dozen bottles of £2.20 unfizzy pop away each home game you might just see a change of heart.

Let's see how they like them eggs.

What are you going to do? You sit at the front of the WSU, pretty central and you've bought a drink and been made to take the top off. You hold the drink throughout the game because you know if you put it down it will be knocked over. Unfortunately every time you jump to your feet for exciting passages of play, the Blooms and Barbers of this world get showered in sticky Coke. It's not your fault, obviously. Rules are rules.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
What are you going to do? You sit at the front of the WSU, pretty central and you've bought a drink and been made to take the top off. You hold the drink throughout the game because you know if you put it down it will be knocked over. Unfortunately every time you jump to your feet for exciting passages of play, the Blooms and Barbers of this world get showered in sticky Coke. It's not your fault, obviously. Rules are rules.

I like it!
So do you think a two pronged attack in a good old fashioned pincer movement East Upper and West Upper?
It seemed to work for Monty in North Africa.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

They'll ban all standing, not just persistent standing. That will solve that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So anyone who doesn't agree with the club is a bellend and hates the Amex. Okay...

Usually love your posts but can't agree. This affects anyone who isn't bothered about drinking beer at the match. Pretty much anyone who does have a pint or two before the game or during half time(can't understand that as have to miss the game) will not not become thirsty. This is not the case for those who have travelled a long way or who just want a soft drink. If the club provides some fountains that will ameliorate the problem but until it does, the stance on bottle tops is a major pain, particularly for those of us with families who are young and for anyone in the east from mid spring until mid autumn if it's sunny. The club should be applauded for minimising risk to it's 'customers' but their rules are open to the suggestion that they have over-reacted to recent events.

I was bing slightly facetious. It is a bit annoying, perhaps. But it isn't worth a thread. Maybe a ???

Clubzagoodun. Basically. :thumbsup:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
They'll ban all standing, not just persistent standing. That will solve that.

Put bars over your lap when you sit down, like on a roller coaster. If you need a pee before half time or the end when they are released, tough. Stop the early leavers as well, so could be a winner.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was bing slightly facetious. It is a bit annoying, perhaps. But it isn't worth a thread. Maybe a ???

Clubzagoodun. Basically. :thumbsup:

Agreed the club is a good one. However, there are thousands of threads about other stuff, club related or otherwise. That there are several threads atm regarding these issues suggests it is important to a fair number of people. Of course it's relatively unimportant when compared to our history of struggle and the good massively outweighs the bad now, but if every thread poster had to measure any dissenting thread topic against the fight for Falmer or against our tremendous success on the pitch then there'd not be too much going on around here.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
One minute we are supporters and now we are customers ! should be a thread about this.......................oh, I forgot, though the flask and cap thing does smack of revenue raising.

Falmerfourtickets

Dec 14, 2010
You can’t help thinking about those people, many still on here, who disrupted their lives so Brighton & Hove Albion could still exist are now being subjected to the rules of a corporate giant and not a community based football club.
The club are having a purple patch and it’s brilliant.
The club had a purple patch between 1978 to 1984? (Maybe)
By 1996 the club was on its uppers desperately clinging to its faithful support to see it through an extremely difficult period. Many had turned their backs.
Even in 2001/2 the then chairman sent out, what were essentially begging letters,to the fan base asking for money to keep the club afloat

Now I don’t think for a minute in 15/20 years Brighton and Hove Albion are going to be in position where the loyalty and generosity of the fans will be vital in keeping the club in existence. It couldn’t happen again, could it??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not advocating anyone intentionally spills or throws drinks onto lower tiers.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am saying as a Dad with clumsy kids, the rule change is a bit of a pain in the arse and I will be taking patches of clingfilm with me to games in order to try and keep the floor area around my seat dry.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not advocating anyone intentionally spills or throws drinks onto lower tiers.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am saying as a Dad with clumsy kids, the rule change is a bit of a pain in the arse and I will be taking patches of clingfilm with me to games in order to try and keep the floor area around my seat dry.

So you’re not a bedwetter, you’re a seat wetter...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You can’t help thinking about those people, many still on here, who disrupted their lives so Brighton & Hove Albion could still exist are now being subjected to the rules of a corporate giant and not a community based football club.
Now I don’t think for a minute in 15/20 years Brighton and Hove Albion are going to be in position where the loyalty and generosity of the fans will be vital in keeping the club in existence. It couldn’t happen again, could it??

Surely, the whole point of the commercial measures that people are objecting to is precisely to put the club on a secure financial foundation?

I can understand people's annoyance with these changes but everything the Albion is doing these days seems to be about making sure that we never flirt with financial oblivion again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here