Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Rowett sacked / Nathan Jones **NOW CONFIRMED AS REPLACEMENT**

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Good luck to Nathan, if he takes the job I hope he is successful. That Fulham away game when he was in charge was great and his passion in his interview after the match helped me believe for the first time that season we may survive the drop.

I have been following Luton's results with interest since he went there. I will certainly pay more attention to Stokes results if he goes there.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Last time I ventured into Luton my kids had pestered me into taking them bowling. While we were there one guy was threatening staff and shouting that he had a gun. It was a weekday afternoon and quite an eye-opener for my country bumpkin Austrian boys!

Going back on topic it's definitely a big step up football wise for Jones. Luton seem stuck at Kenilworth Road and that's just not sustainable at Championship level.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Good luck to Nathan, if he takes the job I hope he is successful. That Fulham away game when he was in charge was great and his passion in his interview after the match helped me believe for the first time that season we may survive the drop.

I have been following Luton's results with interest since he went there. I will certainly pay more attention to Stokes results if he goes there.

I will be gutted if he moves on, Luton have been a staple of my weekly accumulaters since he has been there, very rarely lost back to back games if at al in his time at Luton.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Last time I ventured into Luton my kids had pestered me into taking them bowling. While we were there one guy was threatening staff and shouting that he had a gun. It was a weekday afternoon and quite an eye-opener for my country bumpkin Austrian boys!

Going back on topic it's definitely a big step up football wise for Jones. Luton seem stuck at Kenilworth Road and that's just not sustainable at Championship level.

They are quite a long way into planning for a new stadium

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Wonder if Luton come back to us again for another one of our coaches to manage them? I can see Rusk attracting interest at some point with the job he's been doing?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Nathan Jones has agreed terms to become Stoke's next manager.
Stoke have finalised a compensation package with Luton and the 45-year-old is currently sorting backroom staff.

Source Daily Mail

D

Deleted member 22389

You're absolutely right. I spent my teenage years in Harpenden which is five miles away from Luton but might as well be a different continent.

Harpenden very posh. Used to live quite near the ground. Your right it is a different continent lol.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
They are quite a long way into planning for a new stadium

Maybe Nathan remembers Dick Knight's promises to players and managers that Falmer was just round the corner?

I grew up with a real dislike of the Hatters but the supporters deserve the new ground.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
From Luton Town FC

STATEMENT | We can confirm that Nathan Jones has left Luton Town for Stoke City. We wish Nathan every success in his future career and would like to thank him for his service. Further announcements on his replacement will be made in due course .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good move for Jones.

It wouldn't take much for Luton to slip down into the playoffs, and now he goes up a division with half a season to sort out the team before giving promotion a good go ( with an outside chance of the playoffs this year still ).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good luck living in a gruesome place, still when the devil vomits in your kettle.....

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Perfect move for Jonah. Really pleased for him. Hope he makes a success of it and then he can be legitimately seen as Hughton's successor...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Very please for NJML, will be interesting to see how he does, the only problem being I will now want Stoke to do well after years of hoping they fail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here