Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Rowett sacked / Nathan Jones **NOW CONFIRMED AS REPLACEMENT**

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He has said, in the past, that he loves Brighton. He bought that flat way back when he played for us, and rented it to the club when he went to Yeovil.
It doesn't mean he is coming back to manage us at any time, although it wouldn't surprise me if he did.
Mark McGhee still lives here.

You should be presenting Location Location with all that insight :lolol::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does going to Stoke rule out a return to BRIGHTON? If he fails in his efforts at Stoke surely if Hughton ever moved on we would be looking for a bigger fish. If he is successful at Stoke and Stoke became a Premier league Club surely he would be at a club as big, if not bigger than Brighton ( let's face it they are bigger and have more history) In my opinion he probably will not manage our club because if he becomes successful we are not big enough to tempt him away but if he fails we probably wouldn't consider him anyway.

See above. :thumbsup:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Still once he has failed at Stoke then that rules him out of ever becoming our manager sometime in the future, always something positive in everything I look at

If he is successful at Stoke he probably would never consider us.......win win

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What are the odds on Nathan leading Stoke to a play off final victory against dirty Leeds at Wembley? I would loveitloveit.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They're eight points off - with Villa, Swansea and Hull all boosted by parachute payments between them and glory (as well as heavily backed Forest). Yes, they could make the play-offs but would probably need 2 points a game to do it - I'm not sure they have the squad to do that.

Yes they would need promotion form, as promotion teams do. With 7th place being only 4 points ahead they are in a position to be snapping at the heels of the last playoff place just 4 points above 7th. Close enough to tease the fans anyway.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Excellent appointment for Stoke. If he can persuade Denise Coates to release some of her two-billion pound plus Bet365 fortune, they should be able to give it a good shot for the Premier League.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I assume when you wish to move job you resign first before applying for anything else ?

As soon as I start to apply for other jobs, I am no longer fully committed to the one I am currently in. That's a fact and I do not have 30 thousand fans coming to support me doing my job and paying towards my salary. So its a fact for Football Managers also

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Leaving mid season for another club is always going to be seen as a shitty way to go by the fans, but the same fans often call for the manager to be sacked mid way through a season if he is failing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It’s being reported his salary has increased from300 grand p.a. to 2 million p.a.

Pretty good reason to leave.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It’s being reported his salary has increased from300 grand p.a. to 2 million p.a.

Pretty good reason to leave.

That suggests that Rowett left with a pay-off of around £5m - that will soften the blow a bit.
Stoke have splashed a bit on managers in the past year: paying off Hughes, compensation for Rowett and Jones, paying off Rowett - that's probably the best part of £10m right there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can’t help wondering if some of the fallen giants wouldn’t be better off trying to tempt Nathan Jones from Luton.
Nah, it'll never happen.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
https://youtu.be/mBEPzdZA0fw

He was their Welsh God apparently.

I'd like to think that the 'Why? Why? Why? [Delilah]" that followed straight after the 'Welsh God' comment was cleverly shoehorned in, but based on the rest of the drivel and shoddy camerawork, I doubt it :lol:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I'd like to think that the 'Why? Why? Why? [Delilah]" that followed straight after the 'Welsh God' comment was cleverly shoehorned in, but based on the rest of the drivel and shoddy camerawork, I doubt it :lol:

I got sea-sick after thirty seconds so stopped watching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here