Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Just my personal opinion but cant help feel this is at best a side step but really is a bad move for NJ. Odds must be Stoke will be foul of FFP if they fail to get promotion this or next season after all the money they have spent and what must still be a fairly high wage bill. Obviously its past Albion connections that influenced NJ but cant help feel he would have been more appreciated & better suited for a long term future at Luton ... but then again what do I know I am not the one who makes such decisions.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just my personal opinion but cant help feel this is at best a side step but really is a bad move for NJ. Odds must be Stoke will be foul of FFP if they fail to get promotion this or next season after all the money they have spent and what must still be a fairly high wage bill. Obviously its past Albion connections that influenced NJ but cant help feel he would have been more appreciated & better suited for a long term future at Luton ... but then again what do I know I am not the one who makes such decisions.
      Financially it'll be a terrific move for him, and as Edna says, he has the spine of a squad there where there's certainly something to build on. It was a no-brainer. Stoke are a far bigger club than Luton with much more potential. He'd have been nuts to turn this opportunity down.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Dodge, Can I have a word? Don Tmatter's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I’m wondering how some of the ‘champagne charlies’ in the Stoke squad are going to react to Nathan, will they give him a chance?
      Thru thick & thin, we'll support you evermore

0 Not allowed!
      Stoke are "Prem Ready" and not too far off the playoffs at this moment in time. It's a great move for him and he deserves it with all the hard work he puts in.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just my personal opinion but cant help feel this is at best a side step
      A side step, from a club with crowds of 9,000 in a hideous stadium that you have to walk through somebody's house to get into, with little money for squad improvements, who *might* be in the Championship next season, to a club with crowds of 25,000 in a decent stadium, bags of money, one of the strongest squads in the Championship (even if they are underperforming), who *might* be in the Premier league next season? Who are probably quadrupling his salary?

If that's a sideways move, then I can't wait to see what you think a forward one is.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!

He was in Brighton when he had the call.

0 Not allowed!
      Sorry I'm fairly sure that before the Fulham game we didn't like Natham. Did I miss the memo?
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Listening to TS ...Durham and Gough doing their normal good cop bad cop routine...but one thing I'd take issue with is Durham suggesting ''Chairmans card will be marked'' because he jumped ship....pffft if the guy is successful any chairman will want him.

They had a few Luton supporters text/ring in criticising Jones......in time hopefully they will look back and recognise what good work he has done for them.
      As Gough said ..if they had lost six on the trot they'd have wanted him out....its a risk moving to another club...but managing any club works the way

1 Not allowed!
      Let’s hope that he doesn’t give it large when he takes Stoke to Luton in a cup game and beats them.

1 Not allowed!
      I’m sure most on here can sympathise with the pain Luton fans will be feeling right now because it happened to us when we were the small club. I can remember how gutted I was when we lost Mickey Adams to Leicester after everything he’d done to turn us around on the pitch and also before Poyet lost the plot and started pimping himself out to other clubs many people were equally concerned we’d lose him to a bigger club. A manager will always take an opportunity to progress their career and loyalty will go out of the window, and NJ is just the next person on that treadmill. However NJ should also take careful note about how the fortunes of Gary Rowett turned out, who made a name for himself in his first managerial job at Burton and moved on to a bigger club and look what’s happened to him since !
      "It's better to be a 'has been' than a never will be !"