Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Moving from Luton to Stoke.

Jeeez Nathan really hates his family. :lol: :jester:

D

Deleted member 2719

Well done Nathan.

:clap2::clap2:

Feck me, he is going to have to brainwash those Stoke fans to what football really is.

They are in for a treat.

Next stop the Albion. :albion2::albion2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Great move for Jones - his stock is high and that's about as big a club as he could have got. Arguably, he wouldn't have got bigger in the summer even if he'd got Luton promoted from League 1.

2. I feel sorry for the Luton fans - their season is now up in the air because of the football food chain.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Historically a big club Stoke. Have support and infrastructure to return to the Premier League.

They were not punching above their weight in the Prem.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
1. Great move for Jones - his stock is high and that's about as big a club as he could have got. Arguably, he wouldn't have got bigger in the summer even if he'd got Luton promoted from League 1.

2. I feel sorry for the Luton fans - their season is now up in the air because of the football food chain.

i'm happy to be proved wrong but i don't think it's a good move for him .

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I wonder if he will raid Luton for transfers? I dont enjoy seeing that when one manager changes clubs. I hope Luton continue to get promoted.

Endless threads about our players going to Stoke now?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Historically a big club Stoke. Have support and infrastructure to return to the Premier League.

They were not punching above their weight in the Prem.
Their manager was, as was proved before, during & after his appointment there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can see why people (especially Luton fans) are a bit "why would he leave for a troubled mid table Championship side when he could get promoted with us?".

Football is such a short term game: Luton could just as easily miss out on promotion this season, while Stoke revive themselves. Stoke have a very decent squad for the Championship and were amongst the pre-season promotion favourites. They just haven't played anywhere near the level you'd expect them to. If somebody like Nathan Jones can get into the heads of those players and inspire them, they could easily make a run for the play offs and get back to the Premier League in May.

Luton's current position feels very much to me like where we were in the early to mid 2000s. On the up after years in the doldrums, a promotion or two in the bag, a generally good feeling around the club...but playing at the worst stadium in the League, with hardly any money, and always likely to lose those who showed any hint of stardom to other clubs. And to clubs who perhaps weren't exactly at the level some of us thought we should be losing staff to (Adams to Leicester; loanees like Sidwell and Ingimarsson to Reading, Coppell and Peter Taylor to nobody, but they just didn't fancy the position we were in). If I could be bothered, I'd go and search posts on NSC from back in the day, and I'll bet plenty of them are identical to what's going on in Luton right now. "Why would he want to go there when he could stay with us?" etc.

Football is so short term, I can't blame Jones for taking up the offer of Stoke right now. It's not like he'd actually have to live in the city, any more than he lives in the centre of Luton. He's probably quadrupled his salary overnight, and will have the best of facilities laid on for him straight away, and the chance to really increase his profile if he can get it right. Luton's new stadium is still very much a pipe dream: they've not even got permission, let alone laid the first brick. I wish him luck. I feel for Luton fans, but sadly, until they can replace shitty old Kenilworth Road, they're always going to lose out to clubs in a better position, as we learned for many years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope it goes better for Nathan then it did for Adams

I think Nathan is much more suited to modern football than MA ever was. Players running through brick walls for you isn’t enough anymore. If they give him time I’m sure our next manager will get them back to the Premier League by the end of next season :wink:

Stoke fans will fecking LOVE the change in style

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here