Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Manhunt . Martin Clunes

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Manhunt tells the story of how Detective Colin Sutton tracked down the paedophile and murderer Levy Belfield and linked him to the Millie Dowler murder and two other cases. Clunes is utterly superb as unassuming and quietly stoic Sutton . 2/3rds through it and it is easily one of the best dramas I’ve seen in years. The dogged determination and thorough police work that Sutton insisted on plus some truly startling breakthroughs is fascinating.
Last episode is on ITV3 tonight. It’s very very good.
Good arrows sir.

Just binged it and bloody hell. Very, very good.

I did do the occasional double take that there was an ITV icon in the corner of my TV though. Quality television doesn't usually have that brand.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Great viewing, I know it was a dramatisation but the dignity and generosity of Amelies’ parents that came across is something truly heartwarming.
Yes, very good point. Also interesting that Clunes' character pointed out that it would have been unlikely that English parents would have behaved the same way. I think he was probably right, although everyone is different.

We like to think of ourselves as stoic, and many of us are. But we don't have a monopoly on stiff upper lip.

Have no words for that piece of shit Belfield. I've met similar scary scumbags but not one who was also a paedo, mysogynist and murderer (that I know of).

Lowest of the low. Unlimited pain is too good for him.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, very good point. Also interesting that Clunes' character pointed out that it would have been unlikely that English parents would have behaved the same way. I think he was probably right, although everyone is different.

We like to think of ourselves as stoic, and many of us are. But we don't have a monopoly on stiff upper lip.

Have no words for that piece of shit Belfield. I've met similar scary scumbags but not one who was also a paedo, mysogynist and murderer (that I know of).

Lowest of the low. Unlimited pain is too good for him.

He’s been done over a number of times in prison apparently and gets treated like scum by all.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Also one of the very few people in the U.K. sentenced to full natural life prison term. He’s never getting out.

And now goes by the name Yusuf Rahim.

Make of that what you will.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Also one of the very few people in the U.K. sentenced to full natural life prison term. He’s never getting out.

And now goes by the name Yusuf Rahim.

Make of that what you will.

I'll have a go and happy to be flammed alive but I suspect converting to Islam offers better privileges in Prison

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Decided to watch the series after reading the recommendations on this thread, and can only agree, a very good series.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'll have a go and happy to be flammed alive but I suspect converting to Islam offers better privileges in Prison

Possibly more about trying to protect himself. Pretending to be a Muslim will probably mean that at least there are some people of faith who don't want to kill the ****.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Documentary on the subject the other night. There are some compelling arguments that he was part of a paedophile ring and that he killed many, many more people .
A case in Bristol fits his MO perfectly and is the town he used to go regularly to buy drugs.
Quite rightly the police just needed to get something to stick and keep him off the street so concentrated on the ones they knew would likely get a conviction.
I imagine once he was away for life nobody had the appetite to start investigating him further and bring that darkness into their lives.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
ITV has commissioned a sequel to Manhunt, the 2019 drama starring Martin Clunes.

The four-part Manhunt II: The Night Stalker is the real-life story of the police pursuit of a notorious serial rapist, whose 17-year reign of terror left thousands of elderly people in south-east London living in fear. It is based on the diaries of Colin Sutton.

Clunes will again take the role of DCI Sutton, the detective portrayed in the first series of Manhunt tenaciously pursuing serial killer Levi Bellfield.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here