Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Manhunt . Martin Clunes

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Manhunt tells the story of how Detective Colin Sutton tracked down the paedophile and murderer Levy Belfield and linked him to the Millie Dowler murder and two other cases. Clunes is utterly superb as unassuming and quietly stoic Sutton . 2/3rds through it and it is easily one of the best dramas I’ve seen in years. The dogged determination and thorough police work that Sutton insisted on plus some truly startling breakthroughs is fascinating.
Last episode is on ITV3 tonight. It’s very very good.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
That thread title quickened the pulse for a second! Wow, what's he done??

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brilliant 3 part series and as you say Clunes really does show his ability as an actor, very good :thumbsup:

(Note I am sure we have been watching it on ITV1 though ???)

You’re right , not sure why I added the 3.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Manhunt tells the story of how Detective Colin Sutton tracked down the paedophile and murderer Levy Belfield and linked him to the Millie Dowler murder and two other cases. Clunes is utterly superb as unassuming and quietly stoic Sutton . 2/3rds through it and it is easily one of the best dramas I’ve seen in years. The dogged determination and thorough police work that Sutton insisted on plus some truly startling breakthroughs is fascinating.

I concur heartily. Interesting to note that Colin Sutton, the original detective, helped to devise it from his own book. I guess that ensures it has some sort of authenticity, and emphasises the importance of good straightforward police work, which might sound boring but is really fascinating...... and very well done. Clunes is very good.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
It's excellent. Colin Sutton appeared on London Evening News (ITV) last night. Apparently Martin Clunes sought him out he talk with before accepting the part. He went on to say just how good the adaptation is and that 3 more potential victims have come forward. Take a bow ITV.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Watched part 1 so far and very good.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Cheers for the heads up. Watching it now on catch up.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Compulsive viewing.
A tad morbid I guess but I love this kind of viewing.
Well done to all that put this together

I do hope the affected families were consulted and gave their blessing for it though.
Not sure I could.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Superb. Could have stood another hour I reckon as was a tad rushed at the end but superb nonetheless.

Ch5 is showing a documentary on the same case right now.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Just finished watching this - as you say a tad rushed at the end but excellent. Very well acted and I think it deserves some sort of award (BAFTA or whatever).

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Is there a way of watching this online without have to register and give credit card details?
I have never used catch up before so when ever i try and view it it says i have to sign up for a free trial (itv.com) but insists on credit card details,

As ITV is a commercial channel ie adverts i assumed the viewing was free? appreciate some help so i can watch this.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Is there a way of watching this online without have to register and give credit card details?
I have never used catch up before so when ever i try and view it it says i have to sign up for a free trial (itv.com) but insists on credit card details,

As ITV is a commercial channel ie adverts i assumed the viewing was free? appreciate some help so i can watch this.

That’s strange as I watch ITV through the itv hub. Yes you have to register but I didn’t have to give any card details

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

https://www.itv.com/hub/manhunt/2a5386a0003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here