Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool on Saturday

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Will have all the pressure on them. I know there were many changes to tonight’s team but a loss is a loss nonetheless and Klopp will want to put that right on Saturday. That’s where we can take the game to them and I honestly believe we that have no pressure on us and can prevail.

Wolves gave up possession in both halves and counter attacked.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We are going to get battered, eaten then sh1t out again on Saturday.

They will have a point to prove and unfortunately we are their next opponents [emoji33]

2-1 Andone scoring the winner (90 +4)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Will have all the pressure on them. I know there were many changes to tonight’s team but a loss is a loss nonetheless and Klopp will want to put that right on Saturday. That’s where we can take the game to them and I honestly believe we that have no pressure on us and can prevail.

The Cup defeat is meaningless, Liverpool would have needed to win on Saturday regardless of tonights result to keep the gap between themselves and City, so there is no point in this wishful thinking of taking the game to them, it won't happen unless we want to loss by at least 7 goals.

It will be the usual safety first to remain in the game as long as possible, and any attacking will be guarded to ensure we are not caught on the break.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Free hit-est of free hits this IMHO

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Cup defeat is meaningless, Liverpool would have needed to win on Saturday regardless of tonights result to keep the gap between themselves and City, so there is no point in this wishful thinking of taking the game to them, it won't happen unless we want to loss by at least 7 goals.

It will be the usual safety first to remain in the game as long as possible, and any attacking will be guarded to ensure we are not caught on the break.

and we wouldn’t be taking the game to a ragtag bunch of youngsters, back-ups and players soon to be moved on.

CH won’t be fooled into a naive approach.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well, there’s that - but do think we’re going to lose 5-1 again like last season? :eek:

I think we're a much stronger side this season and have yet to be on the wrong end of a hiding. Maybe 3-0 or something?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
All eyes on our game this weekend. Potentially the biggest game for the neutral we have had in the AMEX era, I hope the ground is buzzing come Saturday. It might not be our defining game of the season, however it could be a huge one in the overal outcome of this Premier League season.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
We need Trumps wall.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I’ve no wish to start an argument, but four wins in 28 games is hardly “often”. :)

No, but 3 wins in 5 (two of them away from home) is:-

Liverpool.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They really looked like they didn’t want to equalise. All the big guns back on Saturday including rested VVD and Allison.

A Brighton reject and a taart? ???

Sometimes I wish that I could stop Klopp from talking
When I hear the silly things that he says.
I think somebody better put out his best side,
Cause it's gonna be one of those days.
Allison, I know Andone's killing you.
Oh, Allison, his aim is true.
His aim is true.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Seeing as a Palace fan has joined in the conversation about Liverpool, it would be rude not to widen the discussion - wouldn't want you to feel left out:-

View attachment 103620

Start of our most successful series of results against them ever. Thanks for reminding me.

Since Liverpool stuffed us 9 nil, they’ve beaten us 18 times, we’ve beaten them 13 times, and we’ve drawn 5 times.

Rivalry aside, that’s a pretty good record against a top four team.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A Brighton reject and a taart? ???

Sometimes I wish that I could stop Klopp from talking
When I hear the silly things that he says.
I think somebody better put out his best side,
Cause it's gonna be one of those days.
Allison, I know Andone's killing you.
Oh, Allison, his aim is true.
His aim is true.

Haha. Very good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn’t this the type of game we have aspired to for years? We have a squad that can potentially compete, Liverpool are on the back of two defeats, we are on an unbeaten 4 match run. You’d have to be nuts to just give up on us getting something from this game before a ball is kicked. How empty must your glass be?

A chance to emulate the Albion sides who beat Liverpool when they were much more successful than the current team of chokers from Merseyside :rolleyes:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Start of our most successful series of results against them ever. Thanks for reminding me.

Since Liverpool stuffed us 9 nil, they’ve beaten us 18 times, we’ve beaten them 13 times, and we’ve drawn 5 times.

But for 12 of those years Liverpool weren’t a Top 4 side... !

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

13 is good, but they weren’t a top 4 team for much of that period. LFC had several mediocre teams with dodgy defences, for example under the Hodgson era, the 90’s, etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here