Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bottle Top BAN!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It's annoying but it's not as if it's only Brighton. Most clubs I've been to have taken the bottle tops off, some even pour the contents of your bottle into a flimsy plastic cup..

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have not commented on this bottletop, flask thing before, but I do believe the club is going way over the top with these rules. Exactly how many problems have there been with people throwing bottles with tops on? Easy enough to quickly identify the culprit with CCTV and such. All the club is now doing is unnecessarily pissing people off. They really do need to review their policy on this. Incidentally I can happily last for a couple of hours without water so it isn't causing me any personal inconvenience whatever.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
2032. All stadiums in the UK require you to go in completely naked, with no bags, all body hair shaved off (in case you try to lob an eyelash or a handful of pubes), and crisps will be the only food served. However, these will be individual crisps (small ones, with any sharp corners filed down) only. Water shall be served at the kiosks, but in those tiny little paper sauce pots they have in McDonalds.

All fans must make no noise (so as not to annoy the players) but.... sign language 'jazz hands' are allowed if you do it slowly (so as not to startle the players).

:shootself

rool

Jul 10, 2003
2032. All stadiums in the UK require you to go in completely naked, with no bags, all body hair shaved off (in case you try to lob an eyelash or a handful of pubes), and crisps will be the only food served. Food offerings will be individual crisps (small ones, with any sharp corners filed down) only. Water shall be served at the kiosks, but in those tiny little paper sauce pots they have in McDonalds.

All fans must make no noise (so as not to annoy the players) but.... sign language 'jazz hands' are allowed if you do it slowly (so as not to startle the players).

Barber's wet dream. If the short arsed twunt is even still able to get it up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have not commented on this bottletop, flask thing before, but I do believe the club is going way over the top with these rules. Exactly how many problems have there been with people throwing bottles with tops on? Easy enough to quickly identify the culprit with CCTV and such. All the club is now doing is unnecessarily pissing people off. They really do need to review their policy on this. Incidentally I can happily last for a couple of hours without water so it isn't causing me any personal inconvenience whatever.

A pie was thrown but I haven't seen any comment on banning pies.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
2032. All stadiums in the UK require you to go in completely naked, with no bags, all body hair shaved off (in case you try to lob an eyelash or a handful of pubes), and crisps will be the only food served. However, these will be individual crisps (small ones, with any sharp corners filed down) only. Water shall be served at the kiosks, but in those tiny little paper sauce pots they have in McDonalds.

That’ll be a bit off putting when the big fat hairy bloke goes to cuddle me when we score. :sick: oh just seen, fully shaved. Well that’s alright then. :love:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thought this has been the case for years. :shrug:

Nope

To be fair the average (non-Arsenal) EPL Manager is unlikely to luzz a bottle of water on the pitch, whereas SOME fans would and you can't police for thos e that might and those that might not, been the rule for years!

It hasn't been the rule for years, no.
I travel down to Brighton by train. A six hour journey in the train all in for every home match. I always carry two bottles of water in the pouches of a small rucksack and have never had a problem getting in.
The only water I can buy is at Brighton station or the Amex. I literally have to leg it to get my connection at Brighton after the game, so I don’t have time to F*uck about buying more water.
Read this “announcement” earlier and I was going to start a thread, but waited til I calmed down to post.
My first thought was - oh well I’ll just have to take the caps off before entry and put them back on once inside.
But “ we are aware of a small number of fans who continue to ignore stadium rules by bringing flasks into the stadium or by concealing bottle tops for use later”.
What the actual F*ck?
My loyalty is being severely tested with this Sh*t.
And relax

'My loyalty is being severely tested with this Sh*t.' Exactly how I feel.

Ridiculous isn't it? Supposedly the best years to be an Albion fan and the club has become so petty about flasks and a drink of water.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is going to make my sparkling water less attractive ..should I just lug the water around me in over exuberance when we score?

Oh hang on I’ve just taken advice from an Aussie cricketer called Bancroft ..he’s just given me a hot tip on concealment

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Nope

It hasn't been the rule for years, no.

'My loyalty is being severely tested with this Sh*t.' Exactly how I feel.

Ridiculous isn't it? Supposedly the best years to be an Albion fan and the club has become so petty about flasks and a drink of water.

Couldn't do it at B'Muff, Robbie Williams at St Mary's (had to take the Mrs honest), Wembley, Wembley Arena, Apollo Theatre, and many other places, it's security not profit. (Think about mixing liquids together, it's been done before)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I buy a bottle at the ground for pretty much every game, sometimes two, as I find my voice going in the North Stand. Without a lid, that bottle is without doubt getting knocked over and spilt because it happens every bloody week but thankfully has a lid on it. So.. that's lost custom for the club I guess. Ridiculous.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So if someone throws a water bottle not only does the player now get hit but all the innocent people sitting in the vicinity get splashed with the contents too?

Does this mean if we purchase a bottle of water when in the stadium they will have all lids removed by the bar staff at the point of sale?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

.... at what speed should you sing Sussex by the Sea?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Surely luzzing a full bottle of water (or piss, if that's your thing) will result in not only the player getting clumped with a bottle, he'll also get covered in what's in it (should you luzz it at him).... ???

So what about a sharp and pointy "Jumbo Toblerone" then? Weighty, pointed on all corners, and could do a fair bit of damage if it hit you in the boat race.

This is getting daft....

Imagine it is your job to ensure safety in the stadium, and you are legally responsible for taking any reasonable measures to safeguard everyone within it. The risk of someone luzzing a full bottle and that causing injury has been identified, if there is a reasonable way of reducing the risk, you have to take it. Remove caps from bottles and the risk is reduced, you have done your job. Then you are made aware that some people bring caps with them to get around your safety measures, if you do nothing with that information and someone gets hit with a full capped bottle, you are open to a few problems coming your way. If you had issued a statement as the club have, and instructed stewards to remove bottle caps if found, you are probably going to be ok.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As someone that I travel to games said a few weeks ago...

"First they came for our flasks and we said nothing....."

This really is WAY over the (bottle) top.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
FFS a bottle of diet coke is the only thing I buy while at a game, then drink it slowly during the match. Will not be doing that now if they remove the lid. They did that at the Swansea game last season, when we scored I jumped knocked the bottle over, landed on it and sprayed the poor feller in front with it's contents. Ducking stupid decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here