Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bottle Top BAN!

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Crisps have sharp edges, and marsh mallows though soft and squidgey are full of sugar so could give someone diabetes.

You have been warned.

The crisps they sold at the Goldstone were vicious. Had a friend who cut his mouth really badly on a large salt and vinegar crisp - blood everywhere. Had to be taken to the St John's Ambulance, going around the pitch while the game was going on (very exciting when you're 13).

I get the focus on health and safety but, as someone not versed in how these things work, it seems that there is a never ending effort to find another risk to mitigate rather than just agree that unless things change the risk management approach doesn't change. These sort of changes smack more of people trying to justify their jobs/consultancy fees rather than genuinely making things safer. In fact, doesn't banning the plastic tops make it more likely that someone wanting to throw something onto the pitch will choose a metal coin, that will cause more damage if it hits someone?

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Us in ESU are a tad worried they will ban chess sets and library books ..I mean what else are we going to do during the match:moo:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Every home game I take my bottle of Pepsi, I remove it from my coat and hold it in my hand when I get patted down, only once was I told that I had to take the lid off, that was last season. I asked the reason why and was told that I could throw the lid at a player. I explained that the lid would not travel far, but the bottle would do far more damage, I was then told by the steward that it was ok to take bottle and lid in.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I might take a bottle top BUT NO BOTTLE in on Saturday, that should put the cat among the pigeons.

Never mind the fact that I usually have a Swiss Army Knife in my pocket

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Updated press release from the club:

In the light of recent incidents of crowd members acting in an uncivil and, at times, illegal manner, the club has updated its match day procedures to reduce the risk to players, staff and customers. Detailed analysis of the incidents that have taken place in more than 2 (but less than 4) stadia across the country has identified that the catalyst for all of these incidents has been events on the pitch. Therefore, the club will be taking the following steps:
  • On entry to the ground, all attendees will be given an eye test to determine if they are able to focus on activity on the pitch
  • If they are, a blue and white striped silk blindfold will be gently tied around the attendee's eyes and a torch shone at the covered eyes to ensure nothing can be seen
  • Those that are unable to focus, will be directed to the match day officials' entrance
  • Attendees will be led gingerly to their seat
  • During the match, a whispered commentary will be broadcast over the PA system with whale music played in the background.
  • All descriptions that could cause excitement - and therefore an intemperate, violent or offensive reaction (including but not restricted to team and player names, position of players and/or ball on pitch) - will be muted or replaced with descriptions of puppies, Gandhi quotes or white noise
  • At the end of the game, attendees will be led away from the ground. At the point at which activity no longer becomes a potential legal liability to the club, the blindfolds will be removed and attendees will be handed a damp paper towel with the score written on it in non-toxic crayon.
While this may detract a little from the otherwise outstanding matchday experience, we are sure all genuine fans of the club, football and all that is decent will welcome these steps.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone think it is a coincidence that every time we have a feel good factor after a great win or draw, out come the club and threaten us all again!

As much as I love this club, their timing is absolutely shit! I am sure it's deliberate!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Updated press release from the club:

In the light of recent incidents of crowd members acting in an uncivil and, at times, illegal manner, the club has updated its match day procedures to reduce the risk to players, staff and customers. Detailed analysis of the incidents that have taken place in more than 2 (but less than 4) stadia across the country has identified that the catalyst for all of these incidents has been events on the pitch. Therefore, the club will be taking the following steps:
  • On entry to the ground, all attendees will be given an eye test to determine if they are able to focus on activity on the pitch
  • If they are, a blue and white striped silk blindfold will be gently tied around the attendee's eyes and a torch shone at the covered eyes to ensure nothing can be seen
  • Those that are unable to focus, will be directed to the match day officials' entrance
  • Attendees will be led gingerly to their seat
  • During the match, a whispered commentary will be broadcast over the PA system with whale music played in the background.
  • All descriptions that could cause excitement - and therefore an intemperate, violent or offensive reaction (including but not restricted to team and player names, position of players and/or ball on pitch) - will be muted or replaced with descriptions of puppies, Gandhi quotes or white noise
  • At the end of the game, attendees will be led away from the ground. At the point at which activity no longer becomes a potential legal liability to the club, the blindfolds will be removed and attendees will be handed a damp paper towel with the score written on it in non-toxic crayon.
While this may detract a little from the otherwise outstanding matchday experience, we are sure all genuine fans of the club, football and all that is decent will welcome these steps.

CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!! We are not customers, we are FANS

Hahahahahahahaaaaaa

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
It happened to me in the North before the Chelsea match, totally pissed off trying to carry a pint and a pie plus two soft drinks with no lids on them... I had to stop right next to the kiosk and put both of the soft drinks on the floor and then call a mate to send someone down to grab them both off me!

During the match, both drinks got kicked over and wasted... it’s not happened again in the two matches since and I assumed that someone at the club must have seen some sense... after all, lids on soft drinks is not actually a real problem is it??

Always get down at least half an hour before the match in order that I can put some cash into the club coffers but got to say that the stupid rules police are now making the pub look a much more appealing option, extra pint there and get to the Amex for kickoff... very strange.

Last edited:

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
What a sorry tale . Makes me sad as this is normally a well run sensible club.

The flask ban hit the oldies. Now the water bottle fiasco hits more supporters. Gives a really bad vibe.

Surely to goodness with masses of stewards and CCTV any problems can be tacked and not everyone made to suffer

Also what about the environmental impact as many people are seeking the stopping of single use plastic bottles.

A fiasco all round and time the club thought again on this and the flask issue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone think it is a coincidence that every time we have a feel good factor after a great win or draw, out come the club and threaten us all again!

As much as I love this club, their timing is absolutely shit! I am sure it's deliberate!

Judging by the trajectory of the team and the pissy-knickers nature of the bad news, at least the club should run out of bad news before the form drys up.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Exactly. Obviously this is a fairly small issue but it's these incremental things that add up to making the (very expensive) experience just that little bit less enjoyable. And none of them seem to affect the people making these OTT decisions (unless perhaps they have been banned from wearing ties in case they run on to the pitch to try and strangle a player).

You can’t take their ties that’s what they smuggle their water in with

1dde2167b0d3802f1b621bf11ec0b6be.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here