Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Oh dear Wayne Hennessey...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Couldn't you just tell him/her that it was inappropriate in modern society? I mean, you'd probably get laughed at but at least you'd have the moral high ground.

I presume you walk out the living room when John Cleese comes on the TV, or anybody else for that matter who has historically mocked germans by brazen association with hitler/nazi germany?

Some really embarassing stuff on this thread, I get it's palace but come on.

Who's embarrassed? I'm not.

And I don't particularly give a f**k about being laughed at so yeah, maybe I'd mention it's utterly shithouse to pop up a Nazi salute for "bants". Then I'd leave.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I hate Palace but to me this is a non story really.

Worse thing about that photo was how unlikeable they all look. Especially Gangster Zaha.

Horrible looking rabble.

If you were out with your mates and that lot were near you , you would certainly all agree " that lot look a runch bunch of hunts"

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Who's embarrassed? I'm not.

And I don't particularly give a f**k about being laughed at so yeah, maybe I'd mention it's utterly shithouse to pop up a Nazi salute for "bants". Then I'd leave.

Leaving the saloon doors swinging behind you as you walk into the sunset.

"Who's that guy?" asks one of the remaining party.
"I don't know, Dave.....but my GOD do I respect him"

Fade to credits.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hate Palace but to me this is a non story really.

Worse thing about that photo was how unlikeable they all look. Especially Gangster Zaha.

Horrible looking rabble.

If you were out with your mates and that lot were near you , you would certainly all agree " that lot look a runch bunch of hunts"

Where was this photo taken?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Berlin. Were you there?

That’s an arrestable offence here, shame as it would be funny to see him banged up in a Deutsch slammer.

No, I do not typically frequent the same places as footballers.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Just had an even closer look at the pic...

In a previous post I said something like 'yeah, the best way to point at someone is to point with four fingers, and the best way to be heard is to cover your mouth..'

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a few moments, thinking well... he might have been pointing with four fingers - and his hand just happened to be over his mouth... then i noticed :

hennesey.jpeg

He's actually folded his thumb under. That takes conscious effort and is something you do not do automatically and without thinking when just 'pointing' at someone.

Verdict : The accused is guilty of having the IQ of a pheasant, doing something which his cadbury's mini-egg sized brain has later come to regret, and will be subject to a sentence of abuse from away fans for the reminder of his career. *bangs gavel*

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That’s an arrestable offence here, shame as it would be funny to see him banged up in a Deutsch slammer.

No, I do not typically frequent the same places as footballers.

Yes I know, that would make the story far more sinister.

Looking at the photo some more I'd be more embarassed by whoever it is that is putting up two fingers behind someones head. I mean who does that in 2019 other than maybe a ten year old?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If the reward for winning is having to eat dinner with your socially dysfunctional teammates no wonder Palace have been losing so many matches.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now being investigated by the FA. Overkill imo but then I am from a different generation and rightly or wrongly not outraged. I wonder how upset Meyer was at Hennessy’s little jape if at all.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Now being investigated by the FA. Overkill imo but then I am from a different generation and rightly or wrongly not outraged. I wonder how upset Meyer was at Hennessy’s little jape if at all.

i am of the same ilk icy, couldn't give a flying fig about shite like this. silly man doing a silly thing. mountains out of mole hills imho.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just had an even closer look at the pic...

In a previous post I said something like 'yeah, the best way to point at someone is to point with four fingers, and the best way to be heard is to cover your mouth..'

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a few moments, thinking well... he might have been pointing with four fingers - and his hand just happened to be over his mouth... then i noticed :

View attachment 103630

He's actually folded his thumb under. That takes conscious effort and is something you do not do automatically and without thinking when just 'pointing' at someone.

Verdict : The accused is guilty of having the IQ of a pheasant, doing something which his cadbury's mini-egg sized brain has later come to regret, and will be subject to a sentence of abuse from away fans for the reminder of his career. *bangs gavel*

And when you are shouting and want to amplify your voice, don't you cup your hand around the side of your mouth, not essentially block your mouth with you full hand over it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I usually say I was hailing a taxi whilst scratching my itchy upper lip. And the goose-steps were due to stiff legs from running.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i am of the same ilk icy, couldn't give a flying fig about shite like this. silly man doing a silly thing. mountains out of mole hills imho.

If the FA didn't look at players being caught doing alleged Nazi salutes then that would be BONKERS.

Am I outraged by it? No. Clearly he's just been a bit stupid and it was a very silly joke that was ill-judged.

But it would be crazy for the FA not to be seen following this up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
FA now looking into it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46796546

The embrassment to this is the denial. It's like Jeremy Corbyn's woman/people story but worse.

Just front it up man. Say you made a mistake. Who hasn't done something silly after a drink or two?

Excellent. I genuinely hope that the FA charge him, because his "explanation" truly does insult the intelligence. As you rightly said, if he'd just fronted up to it in the first place and issued an apology, then this would have all blown over by now. The only reason this story still has legs is because of the utter BOLLOCKS he came out with in his pathetic attempt to bullshit his way out of it.

If he gets charged, then he'll have to come up with some more answers. He'll either have to cling to his risible story, or hold his hands up (both of them this time) admit he lied, and apologise for having a silly moment impersonating a nazi.

Either way it'll be fun to watch.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Obviously there's loads about this that is amusing...

..to the story itself, he's not doing a Nazi salute is he? Thats one hand extended up in font of you with fingers straight and together and is intended to express support of all things Nazi. By contrast he's doing a mock-Hitler salute, with the finger mimicking a tash, which is intended to poke ridicule at Hitler and Nazi's; or people of Nazi persuasion. The worst that can be said is that he was accusing Meyer of being a Nazi.

Oooh I think I need a lie-down now

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Palace supporting goon at work is delighted he's going to get a ban so they don't pick him.

Forget the actual gesture buddy that's not been mentioned once...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here