Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Oh dear Wayne Hennessey...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Obviously there's loads about this that is amusing...

..to the story itself, he's not doing a Nazi salute is he? Thats one hand extended up in font of you with fingers straight and together and is intended to express support of all things Nazi. By contrast he's doing a mock-Hitler salute, with the finger mimicking a tash, which is intended to poke ridicule at Hitler and Nazi's; or people of Nazi persuasion. The worst that can be said is that he was accusing Meyer of being a Nazi.

Oooh I think I need a lie-down now

I honestly don't believe he thought about it that deeply chap.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The trouble is people now love to be outraged, particularly by things that have no impact on them!

Quite frankly I’m outraged that you’re not outraged!!!

I don't think anyone on here is "outraged" by his nazi salute at all. Its just his utterly risible attempt to justify it that has kept him on the agenda. By coming out with that ridiculous claptrap, he's proved that he actually thinks we are all more stupid than he is.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Some might say an FA investigation is overkill. I say it means that it continues to embarrass Palace in the national media for a while yet which means it continues to be hilarious.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't think anyone on here is "outraged" by his nazi salute at all.

He used the full hand to mimic Hitler’s moustache instead of the index finger. So not only did he do a Nazi salute, he didn’t do it correctly!

This is the textbook method:

10ba6414f1fc2b910ee2dafffcaa694d.jpg

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Can we now all agree that...when we next play Palace...that we all don comedy Chaplin moustaches and chant “seig heils, seig heils” for real unlike the Met Police claimed we did at Millwall when they misheard “Seagulls” as the old Nazi Favourite greeting?

I’m sure it would be taken as a joke by the media.

Funny you should mention that. I was going to download the "Seagulls" chant ringtone onto my phone but decided against it as it sounds a little bit too much like 'Sieg Heil' to the untrained ear. Just didn't fancy explaining the distinction between the two on a busy tube journey.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The latest is that Hennessy has insisted that the spotty Herberts who used to live in the corner at Selhurst, will now be called The Holmesdale Hitler Youth. As they have already annexed the middle seats in the stand,ala’ Hitler and Czechoslovakia, I can’t see any good coming from this.

Well, except to give us a good laugh,anyway.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
FA now looking into it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46796546

The embrassment to this is the denial. It's like Jeremy Corbyn's woman/people story but worse.

Just front it up man. Say you made a mistake. Who hasn't done something silly after a drink or two?

Hoping for a points deduction - at least 2010 can’t just do their usual keep quiet and hope it disappears...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was actually on his side until he gave that pathetic explanation.

It makes you wonder who he thought he would be convincing with that explanation. As you say , pathetic but, also quite amusing from our end of things.

BTW , Swillis, is Victor Moses coming to you on loan?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And when you are shouting and want to amplify your voice, don't you cup your hand around the side of your mouth, not essentially block your mouth with you full hand over it?

So true. Exactly what I was thinking when looking at the pic after reading his pathetic excuse. Liar.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
If you look at Zaha’s latest tweet then I don’t think the Palace media relations/PR machine are doing their job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you look at Zaha’s latest tweet then I don’t think the Palace media relations/PR machine are doing their job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean the one that's suggesting that God gave him all his nice stuff?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here