Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Kicking yourself off Facebook

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I really enjoyed keeping in touch with distant family and friends, boasting about my lifestyle and looking at photos of dogs. This is now finished. Account closed this week and I am not allowed within 2 miles of Falmer for 2 months.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Facebook has become so depressing.

Eveyday someone writes....."Remembering you today mum/ dad/ uncle Bob/ Auntie Hilda/ the family dog/cat/budgie or hamster".

What exactly do people writing this stuff think..? Auntie Hilda is up in Heaven ( or that warm place) saying..." oh...look Jesus/God/disciple/blah, blah, blah........see what my boy 'arry has written. He's a good boy....never hurt anyone...blah, blah, blah"

If someone close has died and it's the anniversary of their death, birthday, Xmas, Easter etc etc.....just have quiet thought with yourself. Give your thoughts a bit of dignity. Posting it on Facebook , just gets a load of people saying..."thinking of you babe" and giving you a "Like"....and then reading the latest comical story. It's pointless.

I stand by now ready for an overwhelming slating...off you go.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Eveyday someone writes....."Remembering you today mum/ dad/ uncle Bob/ Auntie Hilda/ the family dog/cat/budgie or hamster".

What exactly do people writing this stuff think..? Auntie Hilda is up in Heaven ( or that warm place) saying..." oh...look Jesus/God/disciple/blah, blah, blah........see what my boy 'arry has written. He's a good boy....never hurt anyone...blah, blah, blah"

If someone close has died and it's the anniversary of their death, birthday, Xmas, Easter etc etc.....just have quiet thought with yourself. Give your thoughts a bit of dignity. Posting it on Facebook , just gets a load of people saying..."thinking of you babe" and giving you a "Like"....and then reading the latest comical story. It's pointless.

Good points. I don’t play

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have a Facebook business page which comes in handy to show customers recent jobs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I have Facebook for family and real friends only, hence my “friends” total being about 50. We don’t live close to family so it’s great to see some of the day to day stuff that we’d otherwise miss. I don’t understand people with hundreds let alone thousands of “friends”, the amount of crap appearing all the time must be ridiculous. I belong to various groups like the one for our village and those for specific interests, so I have no problem with it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

This. "Thinking of you babe " really means "I'm trying to look like I'm nice because everyone thinks I'm a bitch" Facebook would be a better place if people didn't take themselves so seriously. It's supposed to be your mates not linked in.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have a Facebook business page which comes in handy to show customers recent jobs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I'm not on Facebook but I had 2 different people recommend me on there for jobs last week, one in Newhaven and one in Lewes.
Do you get work from your page?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Considered joining FB many years ago then read something about a person who had to deal with having her identity stolen and the perpetrator had used info from FB to do it. That put me off and I never joined. Consider that a bullet dodged ...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I lost access to my account after I tried to sign in on a computer in NI about 5 years ago. I couldn’t remember my security questions etc and so was never able to get back on. I started a new one but by that point had lost all interest in it and couldn’t be bothered to get it up and running properly. I don’t miss it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here