Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Australia v Jordan

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Still trying to work out how Tottenham had Son playing for them still on Friday night. One rule for them and us.

The Cardiff keeper seems a weirder one, apparently Cardiff were only willing to release him for one group game??? Not sure how that worked, so Philippines dropped him despite him being captain!

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
Don’t look down on the Asian cup too much, world football has progressed more than you’d expect. Aussies suffering from a lot of injuries and Jordan is notorious for causing trouble for the other big Asian teams. Ryan is proud to play for his country, you all should be rooting for Australia not hoping for them to crash out early and become a disgrace.

On a side note, if anybody is interested in watching Jahanbakhsh play (at least, those with enough patience/understanding not to have already written him off) he’ll likely feature in the knockout phase games for Iran. He’ll miss tomorrow’s match for us probably just to be safe injury-wise. Might come in for the game against Iraq.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don’t look down on the Asian cup too much, world football has progressed more than you’d expect. Aussies suffering from a lot of injuries and Jordan is notorious for causing trouble for the other big Asian teams. Ryan is proud to play for his country, you all should be rooting for Australia not hoping for them to crash out early and become a disgrace.

On a side note, if anybody is interested in watching Jahanbakhsh play (at least, those with enough patience/understanding not to have already written him off) he’ll likely feature in the knockout phase games for Iran. He’ll miss tomorrow’s match for us probably just to be safe injury-wise. Might come in for the game against Iraq.

:wave:

Hello Arvin I'm a Loyal Little, huge fan of Mr Tony.
Have you been to Chatter on the corner of Wisconsin & Jenifer?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Still trying to work out how Tottenham had Son playing for them still on Friday night. One rule for them and us.

I suggested on another thread that we could have played him against Everton and had a car waiting to rush him to Heathrow but was told it was not permitted as clubs had to release their players as it happened it didnt cost us.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Might come in for the game against Iraq.

Iran v Iraq?

Are they quite evenly matched, do we know, or is there a large gulf between the two sides?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I suggested on another thread that we could have played him against Everton and had a car waiting to rush him to Heathrow but was told it was not permitted as clubs had to release their players as it happened it didnt cost us.

We actually saved a bit then, as we didn’t have to pay for the taxi.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

You have a point, but lots of us here put club over country (although apparently England is not a country anymore). If that's how people feel, one can't expect them to care about other countries.

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
Asian football is a lot higher standard these days, and playing in the Middle East is never easy. On top of that Oz has lost 5 first choice attacking players (Mooy, Arzani, Leckie, Boyle, Nabbout) mostly on the eve of the tournament. Few teams would cope well with that.

Never mind, we lost a game in the group last time but still won it. Watch out Palestine and Syria!!!

BTW, Ryan could do nothing about the goal (free header) and made a stunning save two minutes later.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You have a point, but lots of us here put club over country (although apparently England is not a country anymore). If that's how people feel, one can't expect them to care about other countries.

I certainly put the club I support ahead of a random country. Surprised how many people on here support the Aussie team ahead of Brighton, given that's effectively what they're saying if they want Australia to progress at Brighton's detriment.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If FIFA want a preview of what their Qatar World Cup is going to look like for 50% of group matches then they should just take a look at that fan free stadium.........

I really hope that if it goes ahead, you are right!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here