Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 4th Round -- who dya want? [Did anyone say West Brom at home?]

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd like Newport County or Accrington Stanley away as I've never seen a game at either of those grounds. Third choice would be Barnet away. Been to Barnet plenty of times, even been to the the Hive for a game but the Albion haven't played at the Hive so could tick it off in terms of seeing the Albion there.

Failing that trips to Gillingham, Millwall, Brentford, Bristol City, Oldham or Pompey would be away days I'd personally fancy going too. Massive or Wimbledon at home could be okay.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To quote Jimmy Melia after we beat Norwich in the quarters "anyone at home"
He was quietly informed that semis are played at neutral grounds.
If he was it was by a dickhead who didn't realise he was joking. I was right next to the interviewer when he asked him. He said it with a smile on his face and we all laughed.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The question should really be “why is the Wolves v Liverpool game being played on a Monday?”, surely. We could then have the draw at lunchtime on Monday as it should be.

It has never made any sense to me that they make the draw in the middle of the current round of games, so am pleased that they are waiting until all the games have been played.

Whether we like it or not - and everyone hates Monday night football when going to the game - the TV games are here to stay. In any case a Monday lunchtime draw is no use to anone except pensioners, students and anyone on the sick. If they are having it after to 'end the round' I see no sense in doing so. Is it really going to affect the game either way if one or the other are playing QPR away? The 'magic of the cup' was lost the day Man Utd trotted off to South America and has very little - if anything - to do with the draw commencing when the round is over.

Have the draw before the game and let the kids watch it. There's nothing else worth watching the one show for.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Well yes. That's why I said "I don't care about...". But I'm glad you enjoy it and some others do. Although what's the difference in relative terms between the FA Cup and the League Cup? They're the same competition essentially at different times of the year

But they’re not, though. The League Cup only spans the top four leagues, whereas the FA Cup is winnable (theoretically, obviously) by ANY team affiliated to the FA, so from time to time a “teeny” club gets the chance to, and sometimes does, knock out a “giant” club. Which, unless you happen to support said “giant” club, is great fun for all of us. That’s where the romance lays. The League Cup holds little appeal, I would guess, to most football fans.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jay Rodriguez is coming then...

BOO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here