Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 4th Round -- who dya want? [Did anyone say West Brom at home?]

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I mean this in the nicest way possible but I don't care about the FA Cup so I don't care who we get. The competition really is just meaningless now unless you're a L2 or below club and you need the income.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This is tricky. As Sheffield United ballsed it up I now have to decide if I want Wednesday :lolol: to get through for the outside chance that we draw them away, or if I want them to be humiliated 5-0 by Luton (as I normally would).

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I mean this in the nicest way possible but I don't care about the FA Cup so I don't care who we get. The competition really is just meaningless now unless you're a L2 or below club and you need the income.

In your opinion. I love the FA cup, and it brings joy to millions. I think you’re confusing it with the League Cup.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Portsmouth at home might be fun. They'd get 4,500 tickets as allowed, but would DEMAND 10,000 tickets what with them being absolutely massive (even bigger than Sheffield Wednesday) and their fans would cry when they didn't get them. That smelly tit with the bell would be refused entry because he tried to bring in a flask and then we'd then absolutely spank them 3-0 or something, thus hammering their confidence and hopefully derailing their promotion bid. So either that or Gillingham away for the reasons discussed please.

Knowing our luck, we'll end up with a loseable away draw at a run-of-the-mill Prem/Champ team: so away to Watford, QPR or Bristol City then.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Whoever we get, I just hope the draw will be as exciting the last draw I heard - Sussex Senior Cup quarter finals on Radio Sussex 10 days before Christmas. Radio gold that was.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Man Utd at home. Guaranteed to win, they lose every time they play at the Amex.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
To quote Jimmy Melia after we beat Norwich in the quarters "anyone at home"
He was quietly informed that semis are played at neutral grounds.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I’m sure it was too.

Can’t see Hughton taking the same cavalier approach as Puell though.

Especially after the Lincoln result. That was damaging enough for Chris.

I like to think that, with PL survival now looking very likely and, with Hughton having won the FA cup himself on a couple of occasions, that we would fancy a good go at it this season.[/QUOTE

Yes, my thoughts entirely. With PL survival now looking highly likely, even a team made up of largely squad players will give an opposing team a run for its money, as we saw on Saturday.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Id go with Gillingham at home. but why are they waiting to draw it AFTER the Wolves Liverpool game why not before?

I'm with you. My lad is 8 and 'gets' the draw and it increases his interest in the cup. What fecking use is that at 10.00 on a Monday when he's in bed?

FFS

The question should really be “why is the Wolves v Liverpool game being played on a Monday?”, surely. We could then have the draw at lunchtime on Monday as it should be.

It has never made any sense to me that they make the draw in the middle of the current round of games, so am pleased that they are waiting until all the games have been played.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Barnet

We should be looking to do well in the FA Cup this year.

Did you see how well Barnet played yesterday at Sheffield United?

And last season was not a comfortable game in the League Cup with the Bees. Tricky tie whether it's at the Amex or The Hive. TH is almost a League One ground with a very good capacity for away fans of around 3,000.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Portsmouth at home might be fun. They'd get 4,500 tickets as allowed, but would DEMAND 10,000 tickets what with them being absolutely massive (even bigger than Sheffield Wednesday) and their fans would cry when they didn't get them. That smelly tit with the bell would be refused entry because he tried to bring in a flask and then we'd then absolutely spank them 3-0 or something, thus hammering their confidence and hopefully derailing their promotion bid. So either that or Gillingham away for the reasons discussed please.

Knowing our luck, we'll end up with a loseable away draw at a run-of-the-mill Prem/Champ team: so away to Watford, QPR or Bristol City then.

That bell is the most irritating item

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
In your opinion. I love the FA cup, and it brings joy to millions. I think you’re confusing it with the League Cup.

Well yes. That's why I said "I don't care about...". But I'm glad you enjoy it and some others do. Although what's the difference in relative terms between the FA Cup and the League Cup? They're the same competition essentially at different times of the year

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Liverpool at home would be good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here