Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Button or Steele

Button or Steele

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who would you have as the number 1 in Maty’s absence?

I can’t decide :shrug:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Button - Steele was fine today and made a good save near the end, but I'd be angry if Cook's header had gone in. Button is Hughton's current 1st choice and I'm happy with that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Steele - think Button is a calamity waiting to happen, nearly did at West Ham when he had the ball at his feet. Made a blunder in the league cup.

Did well vs Everton, but would have been disappointed if he had conceded either of the shots he saved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Purely on radio commentry, I am giving Steele the nod at this stage.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just the one FA Cup appearance for Steele, can't really vote.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not really sure but tend to think that Steele edges it by the mere fact he made 2 saves which Button wouldnt have got anywhere near IMHO but I do not think there is a lot to choose between them.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Button. If Roberts and Hughton have worked with them both since the start of the season and have decided on button that’s good enough for me.

That and having watched ‘Sunderland till I die’ some of the howlers Steele had there were scary.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In the absence of World's Hardest Creature this is proving to be a thriller.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Can't vote on this one, If Chris and Ben are happy with either one to make first choice then i fully trust them

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Button. If Roberts and Hughton have worked with them both since the start of the season and have decided on button that’s good enough for me.

That and having watched ‘Sunderland till I die’ some of the howlers Steele had there were scary.

A couple of people have made comments to this effect. Playing in front of a terribly organised defence would cause most keepers to lose their confidence and make errors. Now he's away from that and getting coached by a top goalkeeping coach in Ben Roberts.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Button because our manager and staff consider him the no 2. Both have performed creditably so far. However the comparatively 'free hit' of a cup game at Bournemouth is a little different to Premier League games home to Everton and away to West Ham where there is much more pressure.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So where is the option for **** knows?

Sorry, realised after I’d posted that I’d forgotten this option, which is the one I would have gone for!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here