Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Steele

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's almost as if - as I've said on here before - there are dependable deputies for EVERY position in the squad, including goalkeeper [emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But for most of those years we didn't have a spurs fan that likes to control every part of the company and we were valued as a customer before the influx of fans that have come in since the Championship/premier league days at the AMEX, as I have said many times before forget the PR We are all just a number.

If people speak to me like something off their shoe, I lose respect.

I am not losing any sleep over it, but I will always stand by my values.

Too enigmatic....

Are you going to link us to the relevant thread, explain, or what?

No worries if it's a 'can't be arsed' :lolol::thumbsup:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Too enigmatic....

Are you going to link us to the relevant thread, explain, or what?

No worries if it's a 'can't be arsed' :lolol::thumbsup:

In short he registered one of his kids late to receive the free shirt from the club on their 7th birthday. Threw his toys out about it as they quite rightly didn’t just hand one over when he kicked up a fuss. Now doesn’t go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In short he registered one of his kids late to receive the free shirt from the club on their 7th birthday. Threw his toys out about it as they quite rightly didn’t just hand one over when he kicked up a fuss. Now doesn’t go.

OK. So it was a massive :flounce::flounce::flounce:

:rolleyes:

:lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Nice, but no cigar.

In short I missed the deadline, when asked if they could still do this as I missed it by 2 days and I have spent thousands over the 35 + years as a supporter with a young family who are all Brighton fans, the young assistant was rude unhelpful and unwilling to do anything, realising that she was 1 rude and 2 had no authority, I escalated to a more senior customer services who was blatantly rude and unhelpful too and immediately gave the impression she didn't give an sh*t.

So I escalated further and found nothing but a coldness and the customer is wrong and we are going to stick together attitude, we don't care how rude we are, but we cooperate Brighton and we do what we want attitude ran through from the top of the tree and down.

There was no willingness to compromise ie 'sorry if we came across rude, what we CAN do for you as you have just missed the deadline is we could give 50% off a shirt' (or other discount).

In short if people can't be arsed to to basic customer care/negotiation I can't be arsed to spend my families cash with them.

Do they feel any loss? Of course they don't, we are now in the big time.

If the same happened while at the Goldstone/Priestfield or Withdean, they would have valued me and not been rude in the first place and if they had they would have sorted in.

Welcome to cooperate Brighton, lets hope you never have to deal directly with the customer services.

Just maybe they may have learned by this for the future.

#justanumber

If you going to tell the facts try mentioning them all or don't bother please.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Nice, but no cigar.

In short I missed the deadline, when asked if they could still do this as I missed it by 2 days and I have spent thousands over the 35 + years as a supporter with a young family who are all Brighton fans, the young assistant was rude unhelpful and unwilling to do anything, realising that she was 1 rude and 2 had no authority, I escalated to a more senior customer services who was blatantly rude and unhelpful too and immediately gave the impression she didn't give an sh*t.

So I escalated further and found nothing but a coldness and the customer is wrong and we are going to stick together attitude, we don't care how rude we are, but we cooperate Brighton and we do what we want attitude ran through from the top of the tree and down.

There was no willingness to compromise ie 'sorry if we came across rude, what we CAN do for you as you have just missed the deadline is we could give 50% off a shirt' (or other discount).

In short if people can't be arsed to to basic customer care/negotiation I can't be arsed to spend my families cash with them.

If the same happened while at the Goldstone/Priestfield or Withdean, they would have valued me and not been rude in the first place and if they had they would have sorted in.

Welcome to cooperate Brighton, lets hope you never have to deal directly with the customer services.

#justanumber

At least three, maybe more (?), levels of staff within the club, all different people - and every one of them was rude to you from the off? Have you thought about who the common denominator was in all those interactions?

On topic: I thought Steele had a really good game.

D

Deleted member 2719

At least three, maybe more (?), levels of staff within the club, all different people - and every one of them was rude to you from the off? Have you thought about who the common denominator was in all those interactions?

On topic: I thought Steele had a really good game.

NO, just the two initial levels were rude, the other higher levels just backed their rudeness as they really didn't want to even apologise for the rudeness of their junior and line manager, whether my feedback was used to make customer services better, who knows.

On topic: from the clips I saw and the radio commentary I also felt Steele had a good game.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Nice, but no cigar.

#justanumber

Are you saying that if you didn't get the shirt but staff were really nice about it, all would have been ok?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In the second half there was a shot from outside the box that firstly went left, then right and then left again. Somehow Steele got to the ball. You know you've witnessed something special when, all around me, everyone is saying as one 'did you see that shot swerve?'.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Looked much better than the Sunderland fans had me to believe. The only slightly worrying thing was that he looked even more pleased and surprised than I was that he made those excellent saves.

D

Deleted member 2719

Are you saying that if you didn't get the shirt but staff were really nice about it, all would have been ok?

Yes, if only others could understand this simple principle of empathy and not apathy.

Don't get me wrong juniors can be inexperienced and make mistakes, but when the line manager shows the same level of apathy you know things are not right, but when senior management don't even listen to and act on feedback, you think what's the point.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Nice, but no cigar.

#justanumber

Whilst I would not wish to comment on your particular situation, I have always found the club to be very accommodating. When I asked about help attending after a hip operation, they were certainly prepared to go that extra mile, which I appreciated immensely.

D

Deleted member 2719

Whilst I would not wish to comment on your particular situation, I have always found the club to be very accommodating. When I asked about help attending after a hip operation, they were certainly prepared to go that extra mile, which I appreciated immensely.

That's great to hear.

I'm sure they do help out in situations like yours and rightly so.

Hope your hip is as good as new soon.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Yes, if only others could understand this simple principle of empathy and not apathy.

Don't get me wrong juniors can be inexperienced and make mistakes, but when the line manager shows the same level of apathy you know things are not right, but when senior management don't even listen to and act on feedback, you think what's the point.

If I was in charge I would have told you to buy a shirt you tight git. Please don’t tell me your kids don’t get to see the Albion because of this?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I suspect he's better suited to not having to play frequently. Same with Button, I suspect he'll benefit from being a second or third choice without the day to day stress of being the first choice. He can step in from time to time and do a job, he's a competent goalkeeper playing behind a good defence (which he never had at Sunderland!). From watching the documentary, his confidence evaporated completely at Sunderland and in 6 months with us he's only played to small crowds in under 23 games and he's had the benefit of a close group of people around him to rebuild his confidence and hopefully his self-esteem. He comes across in the documentary as being a good, family man and I don't wish ill of anyone. I hope he's feeling confidence in himself again and I trust our club to support him day to day and on the assumption he's happy knowing that he doesn't have to play every game to add value, it's a win win for everyone.

D

Deleted member 2719

If I was in charge I would have told you to buy a shirt you tight git. Please don’t tell me your kids don’t get to see the Albion because of this?

I think I prefer Steele, what do you think?

That's if you have the capability to think.

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008

That, and he didn’t renew his season ticket at the end of 14/15 (the one crap Amex season).

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

We went through all this on the relevant thread a year or two ago. Mouldy has already explained his position on it a few times and still gets stick from time to time, I feel he puts up with it quite well considering the event has become one of those NSC meme / in joke / folklore things.

When I’m in situations like that I just assume I’m unlucky enough to come across a couple of dweebs, or perhaps people having a bad day. Rather than assume it’s a sign that the entire organisation is rotten from the core. Seems highly unlikely to me but each to their own.

Steele - I was so pleased. Like many, I have watched the great Sunderland series on Netflix, I actually really felt for Steele, he looked broken, devoid of confidence. Glad he earned a whack or two from Duffy :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here