Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Infrastructure FC

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Rabbits......................

Well yeah, obviously rabbits... but apart from rabbits, fantastically well run club, chairman who is one of us and is ambitious without recklessness, great manager, holding our own in the top flight of English footbal, have a team who seem happy and together, fans that the majority are realistic and are enjoying this period of our history, beat our biggest rivals 3-1 this season with only 10 men and we have just secured our place in the 4th round of the FA cup.

What have the Romans ever done for us?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well yeah, obviously rabbits... but apart from rabbits, fantastically well run club, chairman who is one of us and is ambitious without recklessness, great manager, holding our own in the top flight of English footbal, have a team who seem happy and together, fans that the majority are realistic and are enjoying this period of our history, beat our biggest rivals 3-1 this season with only 10 men and we have just secured our place in the 4th round of the FA cup.

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Well, you did ask!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
What's the story with Bournemouth's ground?
Is the land owned by the council and is part of the neighbouring park?
I assume that is why they are unable to develop it and increase it's size? They clearly have the space.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What's the story with Bournemouth's ground?
Is the land owned by the council and is part of the neighbouring park?
I assume that is why they are unable to develop it and increase it's size? They clearly have the space.

Only doing from memory, not googling or looking at past threads, didn't they say a couple of seasons ago they weren't prepared to extend the stadium at the present moment in order to use the slush fund elsewhere?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Only doing from memory, not googling or looking at past threads, didn't they say a couple of seasons ago they weren't prepared to extend the stadium at the present moment in order to use the slush fund elsewhere?

They certainly haven't invested in the stand behind the goal that was turned over to us today. I hadnt realised it was just a temporary stand with outside catering ( none inside) and no beer. No wonder they have a spare £19m for a striker.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They certainly haven't invested in the stand behind the goal that was turned over to us today. I hadnt realised it was just a temporary stand with outside catering ( none inside) and no beer. No wonder they have a spare £19m for a striker.

Was a car park not so many years ago.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I fear a bit for Bournemouth. When the Eddie Howe bubble bursts or he takes a job elsewhere they will be relegated.

I don't say that in a sneering at the little club way. At some point, we will also be relegated. It is what comes to all clubs outside of the top six. It happened to Villa and Newcastle, to Blackburn, Wigan, Fulham, Birmingham, all of whom have won trophies or been on European adventures in the last couple of decades. It also happened to WBA, Stoke, Sunderland and Norwich who all seemed like fixtures in the Premier League for a while.

It also happened to Portsmouth, a club that was funded on murky Russian money little of which had been invested in the non playing side of the club. I don't know a lot about Maxim Demin, but I do know that his investment started when Bournemouth were a lower league side. I hope that he will be around to fund the club when the inevitable happens, because without the Premier League broadcasting money, they are pretty much solely reliant on his financial support to survive. You could say the same about us and Tony, but his incredible investment has been used in ways that try to ensure that the club has the set up to survive after he is gone. I don't think Bournemouth have the same security and this probably causes the 'infrastructure' jealousy.

However annoying they may have been in always seeming get one over on us over the last few years, I wouldn't want their fans to have their club's future put at risk once more. Despite the dislike that some Bournemouth fans seem to have for us, I feel more of a kinship with them than I do with the likes of Reading whose fans always weirdly say that they are just like us. Bournemouth, like us have really been to the brink. Their fans know what it is to have to save their club. I hope that they don't find themselves having to do it again.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Their biggest worry must be the realization in Whitehall that Dodgy Russian billionaires have been using this country to launder their money for the last 20 years or so and as diplomatic relations with the two countries rapidly disintegrate many will be shown the door and I would imagine some will flee before their assets are seized.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Our infrastructure is incredible and gives us every chance of establishing ourselves long term.

Bournemouth are only a poor transfer window away from ruining their squad and being sucked into a relegation fight

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Their biggest worry must be the realization in Whitehall that Dodgy Russian billionaires have been using this country to launder their money for the last 20 years or so and as diplomatic relations with the two countries rapidly disintegrate many will be shown the door and I would imagine some will flee before their assets are seized.

Unexplained wealth orders (=>£50k) now in play

Will be interesting to see if the NCA get a fair crack of the whip or will be kept away from some of our honourable friends, who I suspect some are complicit with such facilitation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I fear a bit for Bournemouth. When the Eddie Howe bubble bursts or he takes a job elsewhere they will be relegated.

I don't say that in a sneering at the little club way. At some point, we will also be relegated. It is what comes to all clubs outside of the top six. It happened to Villa and Newcastle, to Blackburn, Wigan, Fulham, Birmingham, all of whom have won trophies or been on European adventures in the last couple of decades. It also happened to WBA, Stoke, Sunderland and Norwich who all seemed like fixtures in the Premier League for a while.

It also happened to Portsmouth, a club that was funded on murky Russian money little of which had been invested in the non playing side of the club. I don't know a lot about Maxim Demin, but I do know that his investment started when Bournemouth were a lower league side. I hope that he will be around to fund the club when the inevitable happens, because without the Premier League broadcasting money, they are pretty much solely reliant on his financial support to survive. You could say the same about us and Tony, but his incredible investment has been used in ways that try to ensure that the club has the set up to survive after he is gone. I don't think Bournemouth have the same security and this probably causes the 'infrastructure' jealousy.

However annoying they may have been in always seeming get one over on us over the last few years, I wouldn't want their fans to have their club's future put at risk once more. Despite the dislike that some Bournemouth fans seem to have for us, I feel more of a kinship with them than I do with the likes of Reading whose fans always weirdly say that they are just like us. Bournemouth, like us have really been to the brink. Their fans know what it is to have to save their club. I hope that they don't find themselves having to do it again.

Why fear for them? They're having fun. They're not here for the long run, when they go down they'll slip back into what they've always been, a mid-to-lower division local club.

They could - could - have established a dynasty - and maybe they still can, Bournemouth, like Brighton, is a rapidly growing place. But if they just have a decade of fun and then slip back down, a la Charlton, a la Bolton, a la Reading, well that's fine in and of itself. More than a lot of clubs get.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What was the strange counting they were doing when Steele was taking goal kicks? Were they trying to prove a point about tine wasting? If so - very odd - he didn't seem to take long at all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Most established Premier League clubs that get relegated do so by either being complacent or misplaced belief that they think they can do better so try and change (Stoke). We have to accept, unless we get really lucky like Leicester did, we will only be a Premier League average club, whether fans can accept this is something that really concerns me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our infrastructure is incredible and gives us every chance of establishing ourselves long term.

Bournemouth are only a poor transfer window away from ruining their squad and being sucked into a relegation fight

There's only half a dozen teams that doesn't apply too.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What was the strange counting they were doing when Steele was taking goal kicks? Were they trying to prove a point about tine wasting? If so - very odd - he didn't seem to take long at all.

I was so going to mention this and decided against it as I didn't think anyone would believe the *****tainery I was talking about.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here